beautiful story of a mother's prayer

Once The Prophet Musa (pbuh) asked Allah, "O Allah! Who will be my companion in Paradise?" and Allah revealed to Him that a butcher will be His companion in Paradise. Musa (a.s.) was quite surprised & He showed urge to meet His companion in Paradise and Allaah, The Exalted, to Him, said "O Musa! Go to such-and-such town and you shall see your companion in Paradise."

Musa (a.s) went to the town, saw that the butcher was busy cutting and selling meat in his shop but putting the best peice of meat aside. At his day end he wrapped that piece of meat in clothe and returned home. To find out more about his house Musa pretended to be his guest and said : "Peace be upon you. I am your guest tonight" and the butcher readily accepted.

After reaching home he said Musa (a.s.) to sit and went inside where an elderly, disabled woman was lying. He cooked the meat until it become tender. While the meat was cooking, he washed that old woman's face, changed her clothes and combed her hair. Then brought the food he had cooked and fed it to this woman with his own hand, piece by piece, until she was full. He then gave her water to drink with his own hand until she was satisfied.

The old woman then said something in the butcher's ears which made him to smile and laid her back on the bed and came out of the room. Prophet Musa who was watching all this, asked the butcher, "who is this lady and what did she say in your ears that brought a smile on your face?"

The butcher replied, "O stranger, she is my mother. The first thing I do after returning home is to serve her. She gets pleased everyday and prays that may Allah make me the neighbor of Prophet Musa in Jannah, and on this I smile, look at my status and the status of Musa Kaleem ul Allah."

Subhan Allah, to enter paradise you don't have to be a scholar, a worshipper, a mujaheed, a king, or a wealthy businessman but one single prayer of your mother is enough, because "Paradise lies beneath the feet of your Mother". So be submissively gentle to your parents. Don't say Uff" nor chide them, and speak to them with kindness.

May Allah Give us Taufeeq to serve our Parents throughout our life time. Ameen