Demonstration for the Uyghurs

Salam Alaykum!

Two weeks ago an organization called 'Generation Islam'  arranged a demonstration in Hamburg/ Germany against the oppression of the Uyghurs and against the genocide, which is taking place in China.

7000 Muslims came together despite their cultural differences and stood side by side as a unity and as an Ummah of Muhammad saw. to speak up for their brothers and sisters.

This occasion was a big phenomenon, because it was the biggest demonstration done by Muslims in Germany.

Alhamdulillah, Allah granted me the oppurtunity to take part in it and the feeling you had while shouting 'Allahu Akbar' and the shahada together with your brothers and sisters in a christian and unislamic country/ city was just amazing and mind-blowing.

Living in the west is not easy for Muslims, especially because of the Islamophobia which is shown in the media and discussed by the politicians.

Even the holy word 'Allahu Akbar' is associated with terrorism and fear.

Many Muslims don't feel safe and welcome here, but being able to stand up to your Islamic identity on the streets in the city of Hamburg and as an Ummah gave the Muslims power and more confidence.

This gathering also showed what Muslims are capable of when they stick together and stand up against injustice!

See the Power of the Muslims in Hamburg in the link above :)

Side Note: Hamburg isn't islamophobic, the people are very nice here, but like in every other country and city some crazy people always do exist but at large they're all respectful, kind and helpful :), it's just the media :/