Of Family And Saying Goodbye

The next few days went by like a blurr. We spent most of the time driving, stopping at random spots just to have fun. Finally, though, we got to Watertown. We had one final concert today, before we drove on to my hometown. Sadly, this was where we would have to leave Kayla. She'd been in tears most of the previous days. Of course, Gabe gave her comfort, which made me happy. Me on the other hand, I was more confused than ever. Cole started hanging around us more, and every time he looked at me, I felt those same butterflies again. I still haven't put his bracelet back on, though, even though he still wore his. Actually, I didn't wear any bracelets. My scars were a part of me, as well as my new tattoos. Dalton has been more open about his feelings for me, and I've returned them 100%. He was just too wonderful. He did things that Cole never did, and I liked that about him. We got along better, and we liked most of the same things.

When we pulled up to the hotel, we saw another van a little ways away, three boys sitting on the roof. Dalton and I looked at each other and instantly ran over to them. They all hopped down, and on instinct I ran to Tyler, jumping into his arms. He spun me around and I laughed before he put me down, hugging the other boys. Dalton said his hello and slid up next to me, and I reached down to take his hand. Tyler raised his eyebrow, but I blushed and started playing with my lip ring. I thought he would let it go, but he wouldn't be Tyler if he had. "What's this about, hm?" 

I blushed even more, peeking at Dalton, who was doing the same. I couldn't find any words, and Dalton spoke up. "I uh..Well we're just..Trying things out." I smiled softly at his words, but I swear I saw Tyler's face fall. I pursed my lips a bit, figuring I imagined it. Of course, I picked then to get the question in my head.

"What are you guys doing here?" The three of them grinned at us, and I just blinked, raising an eyebrow.

"Jill and Eben didn't tell you? We're going on tour with you guys! Your shows are going to be even longer, now!" Dalton and I just looked at each other for a second, before I tackled Tyler again, hugging him as tight as I possibly could. Of course, that probably meant that I wouldn't get to share a bed with Dalton anymore. They'll split up the rooms. I groaned inwardly as I pulled away from Tyler, stepping back next to Dalton. He put his arm around me this time, and this time I know I saw Tyler's face fall. I gave him a questioning look, and he just shrugged.

The rest of the afternoon was spent preparing. We had our show that night, and we were all nervous. It was a bigger show. I was doing my ritual. I would go through my Twitter to calm myself down, but what I saw didn't calm me down at all.

@fp_tyler: That awkward moment when your best friend gets the girl.

I froze. He couldn't have been talking about Dalton and I. Tyler didn't like me...Right? This tweet didn't help my nerves. This was my biggest show yet. Instead of just being in a little mall, we were in an actual arena. Floor, chairs, stands, the whole shebang. To but it bluntly, I was freaking the fuck out. So much that I jumped when someone put a hand on my shoulder. 

I whipped my head around to see Dalton giving me a concerned look, even though he hid it behind his wonderful smile. I tried to return it, but I faultered. Dalton was a curious thing, so naturally, he peeked over my shoulder at what was on my phone to freak me out so much. I pursed my lips as he blinked at me. "I told you, Charlie. If you ever want to back out, we're not officially together, I'm not going to blame you. This is just a test run, anyways." His words shocked me to the core. I couldn't help but smile as I leaned forward, placing a gentle kiss to his lips. 

Of course, I pulled away when I heard an all too familiar voice at the gate. "No! Honestly! I know her! I swear to God, I know her!" I peeked my head around Dalton, and screamed at the top of my lungs. I dropped my phone, but Dalton was a sweet-heart, so I knew he picked it up for me. I ran straight to the gate, pushing past the security.