Of New Lives and Old Friends

A week has gone by since I've seen any of my friends. Sure, I still get texts from Cole and Sophie and Dalton. I Skype Kylie every night, but this apartment is just so lonely without everyone. I know I sound lame, but they turned into my family in such a short time. And L.A is such a scary place when I'm alone. 

"Charlie, you have to leave the apartment sometime." I was walking around my room, going through my clothes again, when I found a green flannel shirt. I froze when I saw it, smiling softly. I had Sophie still this out of Cole's bag, so I could have something to remember him by. I pulled it out of the closet and threw it on over a plain black tank top. I already skinny jeans on. 

"Hey. I'm getting dressed, aren't I? I'm just so down, Kyls. I miss you guys like crazy." She made her Kylie Sound, as I named it.

"I know, girl. I miss you too. And I'm sure everyone else does too. Don't Soph, Dolphin, and Cole still text you?" I nodded, my back to Kylie as I slid my shoes on.

"Yeah. They still text. But it hasn't been often. I feel like they've kinda forgotten me, ya know? I didn't make the greatest impression." I stood up and went to my desk, grabbing my tie and bracelet. I fit the tie loosely around my neck and smiled down at the bracelet as I slid it on. Cole had given this to me right before I had gotten on the plane. The simple thought of his face that night brought tears to my eyes. I shook them away as I grabbed my bag, stuffing my wallet and stuffed Penguin into it. Yes, I take the Penguin Cole gave me absolutely everywhere. It was like my comfort blanket.

Finally I was ready after placing my lace fedora onto my head, moving back to the computer. "Anyways, don't worry about me. You've got your own thing to do. I've got a meet and greet at Disney to day that some of my fans set up. I'll Skype you when I get home. Love ya girl!" I blew her a kiss and closed down my laptop. 

I grabbed the box of hand made merch and pictures I took with me to events and made my way out the door and to my new car. It was a tiny little thing, a pale purple Prius. But it was afforadble, so I didn't care how stupid I looked in it at all. 

I took off towards Disney Land. This was my first time going here, and I was more than a little nervous. I had already set everything up with the people, though. As soon as I got there, I went up to the entrance with my box of goodies and flashed my ID. The woman looked it over, and a burly guy took the box from me and led me to a small stage set up next to a tarp covered table. He helped me set everything up, and then I did a sound check while he watched my merch. 

Everything was in order, people were starting to crowd in. I made my way back to the table and sat down, purple Sharpie in hand. I have a bright grin and looked up when someone blocked my sun. I dropped the Sharpie. There was no hesitation. I threw myself over the table and jumped into his arms, hugging him as tight as I could. "Cole!" Was all I said as he hugged me back. He chuckled and put me back down before he moved behind the table, sitting at the spare chair next to mine. 

"Does that mean you missed me?" I stuck my tongue out at him, suddenly swarmed by fans. Of course, I grabbed a green Sharpie for Cole, since I knew people would want his autograph as well. I was right. The line was moving quickly, and going crazy. I could cover an entire house with all of the pictures I had taken. Finally, though, it was performance time. The guard watched the table again, and Cole joined me on stage. We sang our version of my song, then I did a few more of my originals and some of my solo covers. Then I asked Cole to sing Superman with me, and it was wonderful.

I saw people in the crowd crying. Even Cole looked like he was going to tear up. Cole and I took a picture together afterwards, making sure to show the great crowd that had come out that day. 

When all was said and done, I packed up, and Cole walked me to my car. After I got the box into the back seat, I jumped into Cole's arms again. I hadn't had much time to actually talk to him, and I wasn't going to pass up this moment. "I can't believe you're actually here." I wanted to cry. I thought I was going to cry.