Chapter 1 : Childhood Life

CHAPTER 1 

I stood staring at the metal, white gates that shut in my face, they had kicked me out, it was all an accident yet they still kicked me out. I could still hear the echos of the many children that hated me, shouting for me to get out, I had mercilessly killed their friend.

I had only accidentally let my anger take over but just within a few seconds the boy who had made fun of me and slapped me on the cheek was gone in a golden burst. I had killed him, my eyes burned, they glowed a bright red but then quickly went back to normal. Everything was silent for a few moments, and then I realized that I had broken one of the orphan's major rules, killing. The elders yelled with rage as they hit me and then pushed me out the gate.

I wondered around outside the town, helplessly, I staggered, instead or walked, I began to feel dizzy and started to momentarily blanking out, suddenly I saw a hand grab mine, it was warm with the feeling of proper life, a boy smiled, a welcoming smile, one I hadn't seen in a long time. 

"Hi,  I'm Cyrus, you seem very tired, come with me," the boy with the name Cyrus had said kindly. I was slightly walking but it felt as if he was dragging me, I had no strength left. He gave me a hot, freshly baked bread slice, I ate it down quickly without thinking. After a few satisfying slices and a glass of water, I finally managed to choke up some words, "Thank you, my name is Winter."

I looked around, no one else seemed to be around. "I live by myself, Winter," Cyrus said as if knowing what I was thinking.

 Days past by quickly as I lived a normal life with Cyrus, I helped him with his part time cafe job in a small nearby village. He lived on the hill just outside the village.

In the morning of the next day, we set off to explore around the place, I packed some food, a couple of safety items and hunting needs like bows, arrows and a short dagger. To my great surprise Cyrus was very good at the bow and arrow, only rarely did an arrow miss his target. My skills somehow came naturally, I worked all my weapons quite well. We walked into the sun as the sun slowly started to set, suddenly a cracking sound arose from the ground as it made my ears ring with slight pain.

A crack started to form across the ground under our feet, I was lucky to realize quick enough but Cyrus was too slow. He fell, a scream couldn't help but slide out from his lungs. I jump down and reached for his hand only just making it, I hang on to the side of the cliff with the tips of my shoes. We dangled helplessly as I tried to pull him up, but I realized that it was futile, I couldn't do anything about it. 

Then a thought flashed though my mind, I wasn't going to give up, with my final bit of strength, I flung Cyrus up on to the surface just as my feet couldn't handle it any more. I fell down, I couldn't see the bottom of the freshly made ravine. Cyrus scream out my name in horror, he still helplessly reach down his hand, despite knowing I was too far down to even touch. I smiled and closed my eyes. Everything remained black.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suddenly I woke with a jump, I looked around, everything seemed unfamiliar, I was alone but in a neatly arranged cave, I had laid on a soft, patted down load of dried grass. A girl walked in, " Oh your awake, do you realize you were like falling down a massive ravine?" I searched through my memory and then I nodded my head. "Oh and by the way, I'm Lucia," said the girl as she peered outside of the cave and mumbled something to herself. 

As I squinted my eyes into the distance, I slightly could make out three silhouette heading towards us, I didn't know why, but I felt slightly scared. "There's no need to be scared, Winter," the girl called Lucia said with a slight snort or maybe it was a laugh. 

"You guys sure took awhile!" Lucia cried as the three figures approached. They all looked somewhat highly skilled.

 Another girl stood in the middle holding a massive sword into the ground and slightly resting her arm on it, "Sorry," she said, but not in a way that seemed like apologizing, it was in a cheerful way. 

Two boys stood one on each side of her, the one on the right snorted and leaned closer to Lucia, "It seems like you've bought Winter." A thought hit me, why do they all know my name?

Lucia replied "You think I can't complete missions like you?" The boy stuck out his tongue in annoyance. The boy on the right remained silent, his eyes were directed into the distance without a target, the glassiness in his eyes reminded me of the hatred in the children's eyes, he was well equipped with guns and swords. 

"So, Winter, do you remember us?" asked the girl with the sword as she leaned closer to me, forcing me to shuffle backwards a bit.