CHAPTER 3 : Unknown Powers

CHAPTER 3

I blinked my eyes open as I found myself lying in the same old bed as last time, everything still seemed blurry but I could see the curtain drawn closed but light still piercing through like a sharp blade. I slowly bought myself to a sitting position, the left side of my waist ached with pain. I turn to shield my face from the sun and saw a figure lying on the side of my bed, River sat on a chair with his top half of his body leaning on the bed. He seemed to be sound asleep but in his hand, dangled a long sparkling white sword which slightly leaned against the bed.

I touched under my eyes and felt a slight wet spot, I wiped it carefully and looked at my finger, bright red blood stained the finger I used. For my eyes it felt painful to even look around and blink. Suddenly the door creaked open slowly, in walked Alice, Cinna and Lucia. They walked in with soft steps to not wake anyone up. 

"Hi Winter, looks like you're awake, also Winter I think it's about time you know about your powers as well as ours," whispered Alice. I nodded. Then River twitched slightly and sat up slowly. 

"What's going on guys," River said but the sleepiness still remained in his voice.

"Hi River we're just explaining our powers and her powers,"said Alice. He nodded. "My power is usually considered fearful but not as fearful as yours, I have the ability to freeze time and break things within, including people."

"My power as you saw before can manipulate fire, I can also heal people no matter how bad their wounds are but I cannot revive,"Lucia said.

"My power, actually powers are hypnosis and illusions, these powers aren't meant for combat but I did learn how to fight," Cinna said with a small grin. He looked next to him but then realized that River was again asleep on the bed. 

"Well, he was going to say what his power or powers were but evidently he's asleep, so I'll say it. If you remember I did say he was the most normal because he doesn't actually have a power. Even though he doesn't have a power, he's very smart and also he is a great attacker, especially with the sword." That's when I remembered about the sword he was holding when he was sleeping before, it must have been the sword he uses. 

"And now for your powers, when your eyes turn red you have the ability to break or kill anything or anyone, and when they turn a sparkling golden color, you can teleport. Also it seems to me that you can also see through illusions and is unable to be hypnotized ," Alice said as if she was a genius.

Suddenly there was loud beeping noise vibrating from inside Alice's pocket, she took out her phone and answered, it seemed that I had to go on my very first mission. I looked at her and got replied by a nod of her head to everyone. I didn't know what to prepare for but I knew I needed some basic fighting clothing, not scraggly old clothes. Cinna had managed to wake River up and tell him to get ready. Before Alice left, she told us to meet in the garden at the back of the house. I quickly got ready and hurried out, I was glad I wasn't the last one.

After everyone arrived all ready to take our weapons, Alice said "This mission seems to be quite dangerous, according to the man who called me, there has been a massive amount of people going missing day after day," she turned to look at me and continued on talking, "Winter you should avoid using your powers, just focus on using the weapon you are best suited for." 

Alice headed towards a old shed that was connected to the house which allowed you to access it from the house. She pulled out a set of keys from her large pockets and was about to put it in the lock when I shouted out to her.

"Wait!" I cried as I ran quickly to her and small red dot glowed on the lock, " There's a bomb on the lock," I leaned closer to the lock to get a look. Suddenly there was a huge spark of fire and smoke, then about five people flipped over the stone fence and looked at us, Alice and I spun around to face the enemy, I didn't know who they were, I search among the people frantically to see if Cyrus was with them, I couldn't see him, this wasn't our main opponent. I felt a little glad to not fight Cyrus yet.

The five people seemed to not care about how strong we were, they charged carelessly at us, we didn't even have a single weapon. Suddenly a huge line of glistering white light blinded my vision, I wasn't sure if the opponent's team did it or us, but as the light died down, the answer to my question was revealed. 

A single figure stood in front of us, the only person out of all us who had a weapon, River. He appeared to be not at all bothered by them, but he slightly looked annoyed as if the people were bothering his peace. It was my chance to see how good River was.