Chapter 8 : Suspicion

CHAPTER 8

I just stood motionless, I still didn't understand, why was it empty? Was it really just a trick all along, despite the lady being so kind, was it really just for show? I clenched my fists so hard that my knuckles had turned white. Trembling either with hatred or disbelief, I snapped shut the safe. River was the same as always, not that I had expected for him to have any emotions. Alice sighed and kicked up a cloud of dust. 

Among-st all the depression, I noticed a glint of reflected sunlight behind me, the tip of a sharp dagger poked out from behind a wall in the alley way we had entered to privately discuss the conditions. I grinned slightly as I had been right all along. I was about to turn to face the black clothed silhouette when it happened again. A shot of lightning pierced the figure, nothing had remained of the figure was shot, but just before the lightning shot the person, I heard a soft click of fingers near me. 

I turned to River and the rest of the group, River tilted his head and looked at me as if nothing had happened. I frowned and bit my lips making a drop of blood slide out from my lips.

"Um...Who did that, cause that was really brutal?"Kira asked as he pursed his lips and looked like he was about to vomit. everyone looked at each other and shook their heads slightly. Suddenly something caught my eyes as I was about to inspect the place where the lightning was hit. I didn't know if was really important so I didn't mention it to everyone-else, a few strands of light blue hair blended into Rivers pure black hair that was no longer pure, I hadn't noticed it at all when I first came, I could've sworn it wasn't there before, the few hair strands seemed as if it had only just appeared since half of it was still black, but I could see it gradually turning into the pale blue color.

"What are you looking at?" River glanced at me as I had just realized I was staring at his hair, I felt slightly awkward and weird as he turned back not expecting an answer. 

"Guys, lets head off, something tells me this place is dangerous, we should go find out what's going on with this lady and this lightning that seems to come from no-where," Tide looked around and then his eyes enlarged when he saw a group of people in the distance staring at us as they slowly walked their way towards us.

"This doesn't look promising at all!"Lucia cried as she tried to hide behind Cinna. Zylen waved his hand across the space in front of him as a gush of water rushed for them, one that looked like it was going to swallow all of the enemies. With the water still continuously spinning around Zylen he shot sharp water shards at the enemy, a girl ran to the front and extended out her hand, all of Tide's magic was sucked in into her palm. The girl grinned wickedly as she darted towards us thrashing her sword crazily in front of her.

Crap. I thought to myself as for I was in the front.

I gripped my sword as I pulled it out of it's sheath. 

"Split up everyone, they have seven members as well!" Alice shouted from near the back.

Oh, Thanks Alice, you just saved my life there.

I ran into a heap of trees and jumped quickly up to the top, I looked down spotting an enemy heading for me. My formed a weird shape and then a gold magic circle in the air, I didn't know how I had done it but my hands had just seemed to move on it's own. 

I was behind the enemy now, I landed in a slightly awkward way as I tensed when I saw a glistering sword in her hand, one that was just like mine and River's. I frowned and then caught a ribbon hanging from her pocket, tugging on it I carried myself up into the air and lashed down with my sword, slightly missing her main body I bit my gum inside my mouth, the blade had just made a small cut on the side of her arm. 

I landed on the ground, sliding my hand across the grass floor to stop me from falling backwards, I immediately lunged straight at her again but then something stopped me. The girl screamed in pain as she fell to the ground. I frowned as I didn't know what had happened. 

"I forgot to tell you but if that sword touches any part of someones body, they will die within 10 seconds," River said behind me. I jumped back from him, slightly shocked.

"You're done with your person already?" I asked. River nodded and started to walk towards me, Suddenly his eyes glanced to the right and pulled my arm to avoid making me die of some other enemy falling from the sky.

"Tch, so annoying," River muttered to himself as the boy landed in front of us. I gasped.