Chapter 19

[Di's POV]

"Bre-Brent?"

He smiled and helped me.

"Going outside?"

I slowly nodded. He lent me his arm. I placed my hands around his arm and started to walk. We went to the mini garden of the hospital. It's really relaxing and peaceful here. I sat down on the bench. He sat next to me.

We sat there quietly for some minutes until he broke it.

"Tell me Di. At some point in your life, did you ever had feelings for me?"

I took a deep breath and looked up in the sky.

"I'm sorry Brent. God knows how much important you are to me but for me Brent, you're just my friend."

I looked at him and saw that he was looking at me. I can see the sadness and pain in his face. I'm so sorry Brent. I really am.

"Brent..."

He showed me a forced smile and laughed a bit.

"Well look at that. Ha. I really thought you liked me ever since but I guess I was wrong."

He looked at the sky and closed his eyes.

"Diane, I really love you and I know you know that. Even though you don't feel the same way I will still show and make you feel how much I love you."

He opened his eyes and looked at me with a bright smile in his face. God. Why is he like this? I don't wanna hurt him. :(

"Bre---"

"Please Di. I want to do this. I wanna show you how much you really mean to me and how much I really love you. I won't expect anything in return I just wanna express my feelings."

I closed my eyes and took a breath. I opened my eyes at looked at him.

"If that's what you really want okay. It's fine with me but Brent I don't wanna hurt you."

"Yes I know. Thank you Di!"

He suddenly hugged me tight, I also hugged back. After an hour we went back to my room. I fixed myself on my bed and grabbed my phone. Brent sat down on the chair near me. I scanned my phone and saw a text from Toby.

From Toby:

Haha! Di, if you could only see Riley right now I know you'll spank him on the head. :D

To Toby:

What did he do now?

From Toby:

Well uh, nothing really. Never mind that. :)

To Toby:

Silly you :P

--

[Riley's POV]

I walked up to Toby's room because I heard him shouted.

"Toby?"

I knocked on his door and called his name again.

"Toby???"

I was about to open the door when it suddenly opened.

"Riley! Why? Do you need anything?"

"Ah no, I heard you shouted and---"

"Haha! I'm sorry for that I was just uhh checking out something then I was shocked and surprised yeah that's it."

I looked at him with my eyebrow up.