Chapter 7

[Riley's POV]

8 days ago was the best day! I'm so happy that Di already forgave me. I thought it will last for months. Good thing it only lasted for a week. After that drama thing we did, we were back in our usual doings. Connor was so happy that me and Di are friends again.

Ah! Saturday... What to do... It's only 8:30 in the morning. Connor and Toby are still sleeping, mom's in the kitchen preparing breakfast and I'm here laying on the couch with Tank.

While I was relaxing myself in the couch, I still can't forget about that thing Toby told me last week.

*FLASHBACK*

"Hey! I'm so glad you and Di are friends again."

"Yeah, me too. Tobs, I'm sorry again."

"It's nothing bro. You love her that's why you acted that way. But I swear, I won't do anything to take your girl and besides she's yours."

"What are you talking about? Haha! She's mine? I think not. You know Tobs, she told me she loves someone. And I thought it was you but I guess I was wrong."

"Seriously bro? Hahahaha! Are you that numb?"

"Ha? What do you mean Toby?"

"You know brother, one thing I'm sure of, you are so numb. Ahahahahaha!!!"

"Hey! Wait where you going? And what do you mean I'm numb? I don't get you."

" 'You should know' ... That's what Di told you after asking who's the guy she loves right? I can't believe it bro. Put the pieces together. Don't be numb. Bye bro! Night!!"

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Seriously, I still don't get what Toby meant. It's been more than a week and I still can't figure it out. He's giving me hints but seriously I don't get it. Hmm... I wonder what he's trying to tell me. I'm really not good at this kind of things.

--

It's now 3:40 in the afternoon. We just played games the whole day. I'm dead bored. I wanted to go to Di's house but she said she's busy. What to do? Oh wait. What if I ask Toby about that thing he told me last week. Right, right!

I sat next to Toby who's currently playing with Tank.

"Hey Tobs, can we talk?"

"Yeah, sure. *puts Tank down* What's up?"

"About the thing you said last week, I still don't get it."

Toby gave me the "you-serious" look. I swear, I really didn't get it.

"Look, Toby, I'm sorry. I really don't get it. Help me out here."

He took a deep breath.

"Ri, you know why Di didn't forgave you after the fight you guys had? You know why Di was able to ignore you? You know why Di turned Austin down?"

"Ha? What do you.. Wait, she turned Austin down?"

"Austin asked Di if he could court her but Di turned him down."

"She did? But she told me she'll allow Austin if ever. Why did she do that?"

"My God! Are you that numb bro? Can't you feel anything? Can't you see anything? What about the hints I gave you, don't you get it?"

"I really don't get you. And I don't get it either."

Toby stood up, held my shoulders and gently shook me.

"Dude! Diane loves you! Di has feelings for you! She LOVES you! I can't believe you can't feel that. She left you hints bro, and I also left you hints but you're too numb to notice and get that."