Chapter 29

[Riley's POV]

"Di!!! For pete's sake please stop running!!"
"Boo hoo Riley! You just can't catch me! Bleeeeh!!!"

Seriously. This girl.

I just shook my head from despair and watched her run from the field of flowers as she laughed and smile.

It's been 2 weeks since she was rushed to the hospital. She's been doing well like she doesn't have an illness. She's been so energetic and full of life since that attack of hers happened. I'm just actually glad that she's feeling fine now.

"Riley!!!!"

I smiled at her as she waved back at me.

"I wish she'd stay like that forever."

I looked at my side and found Tyler standing next to me watching Di run around the garden.

"I know she would."

I answered him with confidence. He chuckled a bit and I can feel his grin.

"Yeah. You're right. My sister's a fighter. I guess."
"She is. She'll be able to surpass that illness of hers."
"It's not about her illness Riley."

I looked at him confused. He sighed and looked back at me.

"I'm talking about her being happy and all."
"I know she'll still be happy and all. She's Diane. She always thinks positively."
"I just hope she's not forcing herself to be one."
"Why would you think that?"

He sighed and showed a weak smile.

"Some people show that they're being positive so that others wouldn't worry too much but deep down inside them they just want to give up 'cause the negativity is eating them slowly."

Those words Tyler said got me thinking. Di wouldn't be like that. She's honest to herself. She wouldn't pretend though.

I looked back at Di and saw her walking towards us.

"Anyway. Riley, she might be strong and optimistic, but she's still a human being who will get tired sooner or later. I'm telling you this now because I'm really worried about her. She might over do it. You know her better than I do 'cause you guys grew up together."

He looked at me and smiled a bit.

"Riley, talk to her. Please talk to her. It shouldn't be now but please talk to her some time."

I looked at him and unconciously nodded.

"What are you guys talking about?"

We both looked at the direction where the voice was coming.

"Tiara?" Tyler uttered surprisingly.
"Why are you so shocked?" She laughingly said.
"Uhh, no, I mean, I never thought you'd be here."
"Hmmm... Well, this is a small world Tyler. You could meet anyone in any place unexpectedly."
"Well yeah but..."
"Anyway..."

She suddenly looked at me and showed a big smile on her face.

"What were you guys talking about?"
"Guy things."
"Oh really now?"

I nodded while looking away.

"Hmmmm.... So suspicious."

"Wait. Where's Di?" Tyler suddenly said looking around the field.

I looked around and Di wasn't there.

"I think I saw a girl walking by the bridge at the mini pond. I'm not sure if it was Di but..."
"I'll go check." I said without second thoughts.
"I'm coming with you."
"Uh, Tyler!"