Chapter 31

[Riley's POV]

After having a talk with Tyler yesterday I decided to have a talk with Di first. I know she has a lot of questions from the other day's happening, and I know to myself I have a lot of explaining to do.

I went to their house without her knowing. I rang the doorbell and Tyler was the one who opened it.

"Riley. Hey. What's up?"
"Is Di here?"
"Ohh. Di. Hmmm. Actually she just went out a few moments ago. She didn't mention where she will go but maybe she went to the park or the coffee shop."
"I see..."
"So you have finally decided to talk to her first."
"Well yeah. I have a lot of things to explain and tell her."

Tyler smiled at me and pat me on the shoulder.

"Well good luck for that bro."

I smiled and thanked him and started to walk. I grabbed my phone and texted Di. While I waited for her reply I tried to look for her at the park but she wasn't there. I next went to the coffee shop hoping she's already there but to my disappointment she's also not there. I grabbed my phone to text her again.

"Why isn't she replying?"

I tried calling her but she wouldn't pick up. I'm really getting worried. I went back to their house to check if she's back. I rang the doorbell as soon as I came. Her mom opened the door and let me stayed at their living room. I again texted Di telling her that I'll just wait for them at their house.

5 minutes...

10 minutes...

15 minutes...

20 minutes...

I heard the front door open. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, hoping its already her.

Someone suddenly showed up at the entry way of the living room.

"Riley?"

It was Tyler.

I let out a sigh and he suddenly knew why I'm here.

"No luck finding her?"

I shook my head.

"She's still not answering nor replying to your calls and messages?"

I shook my head again.

He sat next to me and let out a sigh. I looked at him and said...

"You're not getting worried?"
"I am. I was actually out finding her too but like you, I had no luck. But you know what, I know she's just out their. Since we both couldn't find her maybe she doesn't want to be find for now. Maybe she wanted to be alone. Sometimes people just want to be alone, to clear their thoughts or just to breath out their worries."
"Well I guess you're right."
"Don't worry too much. She might just have been thinking a lot lately."
"Do you think its about..."
"You and Cairi? Believe me its not. She might have been jealous but I know deep inside her she's sure that Cairi wouldn't be a threat."
"She got jealous over Cairi huh."
"Well she was denying it a lot but with that tone of hers I know she got jealous."

There was a pause for a minute or 2 before Tyler spoke again.

"Riley, I wanna ask you something. Just to make it clear."
"Sure what's that?"
"You and my sister... uhm... are you two together or what?"

I was taken a back from his question. I took a sigh before answering.

"Honestly Tyler I feel like we are already like a couple but I know we're not yet at that point since I haven't asked her if I could even court her."
"Why not just ask her if you could be her boyfriend?"
"I still want to court her though."
"But courtship is for people to get to know each other and basically you've known each other for so long now. You even know her more than I do."
"Yeah but that doesn't mean I know everything about her. Like the other things that she hides from most people. Just like her illness if it weren't for Toby I wouldn't know it. I honestly never thought she was that sick. I thought she was just weak."
"Well you do have a point though. They even say that to get to know a person deeper you have to live with them."
"Are you suggesting me to live with your sister?"