Lightweight : Chapter Eighteen

6 months had flown bye. Dakota had became one of my best friends and so did her bad ways. We smoked everyday and partied every night. All morals and self respect were thrown out the window. Jasper and I hardly even talked anymore but Scott and I talked everyday. Everything between me and Scott was resolved and I'd realized that I think I'm still in love with him. I had to just wait, wait for the boy that would do anything to be my everything and that was Scott. Dakota and I did and got everything we wanted, we didn't care about rules, or what anybody thought of us. We were just full on rebellious.

"Hello?" I said slipping my black studded Jeffery Campbell's on my feet.

"Hey Sydney, long time since I've heard from you! I have the most greatest news ever!" It was Jasper. I could tell by his laid back and chill tone of voice.

"What's the big news?!" I asked sarcastically.

"I'm in Utah with a couple of my boys! I'd love to see you! "

"Right," I said uninterested. "You know where Club Racks is?"

"Yeah, you going to be down there?!"

"Yeah, meet us there. We're leaving now," Before he could say 'see you later' I banged it on him.

"C'mon," I gestured to Dakota after grabbing my jacket off the table.

We headed out the door and to Club Racks. As we went , I thought about it and I was actually looking forward to seeing Jasper.

When we got there I saw Jasper, sitting down in one the chairs. He was smiling slightly with his friends as if they were telling him something very interesting. He had his drink in his hand and he'd look better than ever.

As Dakota and I walked toward them, he looked our way and grinned. His smile was the most dazzling thing ever. He got up from his chair and wrapped his arms around me. The same hug he gave me when I left, but for some reason, there was something different about it, I just, didn't feel as comfortable or as safe. It felt weird.

"Hey!" He slipped his hands from my back down my arms and to my hands.

I smirked as his eyes wandered from my face to outfit.

"Wow-uh-you look" He paused thinking of the right word to fit after that. "Different?" He twisted his mouth in disapprovement . He ran his hands down the collar of my leather jacket.

"I know," A smug grin crept upon my face. "Lets dance,"

He nodded. I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the dance floor.

I stood in front of Jasper who was doing this weird type of break dancing move. It was dorky and cute. For a moment, I felt as if I were at home, I felt comfortable, within myself. Seeing him like that, only he can do that.

But the atmosphere began to change once I began to move in closer to his body. I wrapped my arms around his neck and our bodies were touching. I grinned seductively and began to move my body in a provocative way. Into the moment, I grabbed his neck and kissed him, surprisingly he didn't reject it. I began to slither my hands down his chest and into his pants, but he pushed me back.

"Woah, what are you doing?" He asked , confused.

"Jasper, this 'friendship' thing has gone on for too long. I mean, we both know how we feel about each other , so why hide it anymore?" I shrugged moving in closer but he shook his head and walked away from me.

I stood in the middle of the dance floor and watched him walk away from me. It angered me and I wasn't going to let him off easy. He was sitting in his chair when I walked upto him and leaned over his lap.

"I want to talk to you about something," I winked. He looked at his friends who were grinning and then back at me. He got up and followed me out of the backdoor of the club.

We stood on the gate. Silence from us both. I then took out my pack of cigarettes.

He turned to me and twisted his mouth. "When did you start smoking?"

"Its not a big deal," I put one stick in my mouth. "Do you want one?" I asked. He shook his head and turned away from me. I shrugged and put the rest in my jacket then lit up the one I had in my mouth.

It got quiet again. I looked at Jasper who was already staring back at me again.

"What happened to you?" He broke the silence.

I lifted my head up off the gate. "What happened to you?!" I replied back defensivly. I inhaled some smoke then exhaled.

"You're not even yourself," He mumbled

"You don't even know me. We haven't even seen or spoke to eachother in about six months. So how can you sit here and tell me I've changed. You've changed! You turned into such a pussy! You can't even take a chance when you get one! I've been leading you on since I got here and yo-,"

"Maybe because I have respect for you," He interrupted. "You're mot some girl I'm going to take advantage of. I care about you,"

"I guess," I mumbled blowing smoke into his face.

He clenched his jaw together and fanned the smoke out of his face. "Sydney! What the fuck is wrong with you!? I did-"

I cut him off "What the fuck is wrong with you!?"

" I didn't want to say it, but you have become someone that you are not. Look at yourself! Look at what you've become!" He yelled. "You're not even the Sydney I met. The soft-hearted, quiet, chill girl I met at the store. You're not that. You're, some girl, that I don't even know. Some girl that has no respect for herself!"

"Well, if you really feel that way, then just leave," I rolled my eyes and folded my arms.

Jasper looked down, then back up at me. "If I leave, then I'm not coming back," He looked me in the eyes and clenched his jaw. His eyes were filled with hurt and betrayal. And at that moment I realized I hurt someone who meant the most to me. I stood there staring at Jasper, then he just walked away. I hesitated then turned.

"Jasper?" But when I turned I saw no one there. He was gone. Just like that