Lightweight : Chapter Twenty

"You ready to head out?" I turned and saw my dad picking up my two heavy suitcases off the ground.

I nodded then turned back to the mirror in my bedroom when my dad left. I took one last breathe of my comforting bedroom in Utah. I also breathed in all the bad and good memories I've gained from being here and exhaled them all.

I pushed my hair back into a pony tail and nodded in approvement. Then I turned out of the room without looking back.

Walking down the stairs and I saw Dakota standing there, her eyes filled, she didn't want to cry. Dakota never cries. I felt mostly bad for her because I was her best friend and she was mine. She taught me many things, even though some of them were bad, she still helped me discover new things and I appreciate that.

I reached the platform when she stretched out her arms to hug me. I walked straight into them and wrapped my arms around her tight as I could. A tear streamed out of my eye as I let go of her.

Dakota actually made me for once feel free. To be careless. She was the one thing I was going to miss the most because she taunt me the importance of my youth, how to always be liberated and to keep moving forward.

I looked at her as she wiped a tear off her face. She smiled. I nodded as a gesture for 'see you later'. She nodded back.

I let go of her then hugged my aunt and uncle. After, I hugged the annoying, out spoken Xavier. He didn't really care for me much but when he did talk to me he put a smile on my face. I was going to also miss this little jerk.

I walked out the door and waved one last time. I walked down the porch and into the car. I hated goodbyes. Always have and always will.

-

We reached our house at 3:34pm. It was a fast car ride i guess because I was sleeping the whole time. I walked out of the car and grabbed my suitcases from the trunk. I took a deep breathe, getting ready to enter the nightmare I walked out of 7 months ago. Then I walked inside. The place looked no dofferent. Same boring old livingroom, pine smelling mahogony floor boards, the same wooden stairs and rough railing. I walked up the stairs and walked into my room which only had a bed and three cabinets. I sat on the bed and kicked off my shoes. Then I thought about Jasper.

I jumped up and raced over to the phone. I dialed in his number, but when it began to ring it stopped ringing and the operating lady came on.

"Sorry the number you have reached is no longer in service."

And that was his house phone. My heart skipped a beat as I thought of what he said before of him not having money for rent. I ran back to my bed and quickly put back on my shoes. I zoomed down the stairs and out of the door then bumped into my dad.

"Where are you going?" He lifted his eyebrow. "You just got here? What's the rush?"

"I know but, I have to go check on Jasper" I mumbled.

He paused and looked at me. "Is he your boyfriend?" He smirked.

"To be honest dad, I don't know," I shrugged "But all I know is you can trust me. I'm okay now, I won't let you down anymore," I looked at him with sincere eyes. My dad smiled then nodded as he moved aside so I could pass. I hugged my dad tight and thanked him then went out to Jasper's.

-

I slowly walked up the porch steps as my palms began to sweat. I was so scared. But then I gained a little bit of courage and knocked on the door. A few seconds lady an old wrinkly women opened the door. I smiled.

"Hi, um is Jasper here?" I smiled warmly.

She squinted as if she was trying to see something from afar. "Jasper who?" She said.

I gasped softly. He was gone.

"Um, thank you," I turned and walked off the porch. Where is could he be?

I walked down the the street just thinking about any place he could be. But where ever he was, I hoped he was okay.