Lightweight : Chapter Twenty-one

I kept thinking about Jasper and over-thinking everything. I kept worrying myself that he wasn't okay, that he had been hurt or injured. I just really wanted to know where he. If he was okay. If I could have one wish right now, it would be to be with him.

The last bell of the day had rang and the class got up and rushed out. I walked out last, seeing that I wasn't really excited for anything after school.

I walked down the hallway when I saw Corey and Frenzy leaning on the lockers. I hadn't seen them all day today, not even at our usual lunch table.

"Hey guys," I beamed walking upto them. They both looked at me. "Why weren't you guys at lunch today?" I asked.

"Um, Syd, Hey," Corey's tone of voice shaky as if he were hiding something. "I'm glad your back though. See you guys later," And he sped away.

I chuckled. "That was weird,"

She adjusted herself uncomfortably. "Uh, Syd. I have something that, I kind of need to get off my chest,"

"Shoot,"

"I know that you've been away with all this depression and stuff and you almost killed yourself but I just wanted to say that I just, can't be around someone, like you," She swallowed hard. "No offense," She said quickly.

"Offense taken," I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry," She bit her lip "But you never want to do anything. And you never tell me anything, an I feel like this friendship isn't real because best friends are suppose to tell each other everything and-"

" It isn't," I interrupted.

"What?" She twisted her mouth.

I shrugged. "I mean, if I don't feel comfortable telling you anything then what's the point. That isn't a real friendship, if I don't feel comfortable doing anything with you. You're right,"

Frenzy stood in silence. I couldn't tell if she was shocked at my reaction or if she also felt the same way too. "I still want to be friends,"

"I guess," I shrugged. We stood in an awkward silence just staring at each other. I wasn't shocked, actually. I knew this was coming. Frenzy was always so uppity so hanging out with a down grade like me, I'd dump me too if I were her. To be honest, I was under this illusion that Frenzy was my bestfriend, when in all reality she was just someone I needed for the time being. Just because we did everything together made me think she was my bestfriend. And actually, she never knew me, the real me. I was never even comfortable telling her anything. So, this whole, thing, didn't shock me what so ever.

I smirked and patted her on the shoulder and walked away with all the confidence in the world. I don't know, for some reason that made me feel really good.

I walked out of the exit and got on the bus. I opened the book we had to read 'Catcher In The Rye' just to get ahead of everyone else in class. When the bus had reached the park, I got off. I thought maybe some silent reading in the park would make me feel less alone, I guess.

I sat on a lonely bend in the baseball field. I opened my book, when from the corner of my eye, I saw a familiar face sitting on the bench far away next to me. I looked up and glanced to see who it was. It looked, kind of like Jasper. I got up and stared at the person until they looked back at me. And when they did look at me, I saw a smirk creep up upon their face.

"Jasper," I wispered. Then he got up. "Jasper!" I ran to him, and jumped in his arms like a little girl. He grabbed my waist and spun me around. "Oh my god Jasper," I held on tight to his neck as he kissed my forehead multiple times.