❤ Chapter Eight ❤

[Ivory Tachibana]

"Hey, you!", a girly voice yelled. I turned around to face a blonde spoiled looking girl, who pointed her finger at me.

"Ah, it's you! The one that confronted me when I finally came to school!", I said. The blondie rolled her eyes, and stormed up to me.

"I clearly told you not to involve yourself with my Seijuro!!!", she screeched. I scoffed, and glared at her.

"He's not yours, spoiled brat. Just because you get everything you want doesn't mean you can get anything in the world", I said. Nearby students started to laugh at the blondie, as she turned red from anger.

She lifted her fist, ready to strike at me. "My name is Maria Kurokawa! I am the fifth top Industry of Japan!", she boasted. I snickered at her introduction, and cleared my throat.

"Go ahead and try me. I am the heir of America's second top Industry. Your Industry is a speck of dust compared to mine", I said. "I am Ivory Tachibana, Akashi Seijuro's fiancee".

Maria looked heart broken, but that soon turned to anger. The bell rang just before she was about to saw something, but all of the students went to class.

"Well, you put up quite nicely", a voice said behind me. I saw Seijuro chuckling as he held my hand in his. My face had a hint of red, as he looked at me.

"What you said out there placed Maria in her very own place. Great job", Seijuro said, rustling my hair. I sighed, as I let go of his hand, and walked towards my seat. He took his seat, and started to copy down notes that our teacher wrote.

A little piece of paper was thrown onto my desk. I looked at the direction it came from, and saw Maria looking at me. I read the note, and nodded at Maria.

I might as well have to do this, don't I?

<···>

I met up at the roof, and saw Maria waiting, with the wind blowing our hair to one side. I looked at her, with a serious glint in my eyes. This bet will determine our futures, won't it?

[Akashi Seijuro]

I reached the gym, to get ready for practice. Reo came up to me with a uncertain look.

"Ivory isn't coming for practice today", he said. I raised my eyebrow, questioning him why.

"I don't know. I found a little note on her desk though", Reo said. He handed me the note, and my eyes widened.

'Ivory... You didn't have do this without me'

Note:

Come to the roof after school. Make a bet. I win, you move to America. I lose, it is likewise - Maria Kurokawa

I ran up the staircase, reaching the roof. I opened the door to the roof, revealing two girls fighting. Maria threw punches at Ivory, but Ivory dodged them all easily.

"Looks like you're going to have to move, Maria", Ivory said. Maria was finally tired of punching the air. She stopped to catch her breath, but Ivory took this opportunity to hit the back of her neck, knocking her out.

"Oh, Seijuro?!?! What are you doi-", Ivory said, as she saw me. I rushed up to her and hugged her tightly, breathing in her scent.

"Don't ever do that again. I found the note", I whispered. Ivory looked at me with a gentle smile.

"I know. Sorry for worrying you", she said. She hugged me back, closing her eyes. Her hair flew in the gentle breeze of the roof top.

"Maria is going to move to America, due to her bet", Ivory whispered. I nodded, as I looked at Maria's slumped form.

"We should bring her to the nurses office", Ivory suggested. I carried Maria, and brought her to the nurses office. Ivory came up with a lie, and we left Maria in the infirmary.

"You know, I don't think I deserve you", Ivory said, looking at me. I took her hand in mine.

"No, it's me. I don't think that I deserve you", I said softly. She changed me so much, from being cold hearted, to a warm and caring person.

"I don't think I can live a day without you in my life", I said. My heart beat rapidly increased, looking at Ivory. Her black hair was beautiful as obsidian, her brown eyes were full of love and determination.

"I never thought someone could change me in so many ways", I said. I ran my fingers through my red hair.

"I just wanted to say this to you, even though you heard me say it before. I sincerely love you, Ivory Tachibana", I said. I hugged Ivory, as she blushed, and smiled at me.

"I-i love you too"