Chapter 10

It was a slow and silent walk back to the how. We had all lost someone we knew. I look up to see Lucy run towards her siblings and hug them. It was quite sweet really.

"What happened?" she asked, obviously seeing that there was only half of what had left.

Peter turned and shot Caspian a glare. "Ask him" he said with a bitter tone.

"Peter" Susan spoke, with a clear warning behind her voice.

"Me?" Caspian asked outraged. "You could have called it off. There was still time."

"No there wasn't thanks to you. If you'd kept to the plan, those soldiers might be alive right now."

"And, if you'd just stayed here like I suggested, they definitely would be!"

At this point, I started to shrink back, scared of what could happen. In a time like this is it really smart to turn on you ally when the enemy is growing stronger by the minute. Ed noticed and moved to cover me with his shoulder whilst giving my hand a gentle squeeze. If it was supposed to calm me down, it sure worked.

Peter seemed angry at what Caspian had just said. "You called us, remember?"

"My first mistake" Caspian growled back.

"No. Your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people."

"Hey!! I am not the one who abandoned Narnia."

"You invaded Narnia. You have no more right to it than Miraz does! You, him, your father... Narnia's better off without the lot of you!"

Caspian lost it at this and drew out his sword. Peter quickly followed.
I have had enough of this and it seems Ed had too. "Stop it!" we both shouted. We turned to look at Glenstorm carrying Trumpkin and the others gazes followed.

Lucy ran over and gave him a drop of something red from her cordial. That's the one she got from Father Christmas, the one that can heal any injury. Trumpkins eyes start to slowly open.
He took a few blinks and turned to look at the rest of us. "What are you all standing around for? The Telmarines will be here soon enough."

He then turns to Lucy. "Thank you, my dear little friend."

I giggle at this and he then notices me. I drop next to him and wrap my arms around him and bury my head into his neck.  He chuckles and hugs me back,  kissing the top of my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After checking on Trumpkin to make sure he's 100% fine I go on a little walk through the how. I've only heard of it but never seen it. Trufflehunter always told me stories that his granddad had told him. About the majestic Aslan and the beautiful colours of summer and the trees dancing. I wish I could see. I must have been day dreaming again as I'm shocked when I find a hand placed on my shoulder. I relax when I feel them whisper in my ear.

"You know its dangerous to dream like that at a time like this Hope".

"Yes but dreaming like that at a time can help me forget of what a time like this is doing me".

"That's quite a clever way of thinking but still be careful. As I said last night, I care about you and don't want you hurt."

"I promise I wont Ed."

I have only just noticed that as the both of us were talking we had started to lean closer together. I can feel his breathe on my face and I'm sure he could feel mine. But unlike earlier, there was no need to pull away so I moved slightly closer. His eyes started to flicker between my own and my lips, mine most likely doing the same. We were milometers away now, so close but still not touching. My eyes flickered closed, hoping for what was to come but just before anything could Lucy ran to us panting.

I quickly scrambled away from Ed to look at Lucy. "What is it Lucy? Is everything ok?"

Taking short breathes stopped her from speaking full sentences but we got the message.

"Caspian... stone table... help... White Witch"