Chapter 14

Third Person
Peter turns to see one of Miraz' men, Glozelle, riding back to the Telmarine army.

"To arms, Telmar!" He shouts. "To arms!"

At the sound of the orders, the  Telmarines raise their weapons and cheer. 

Peter turns to exchange glances at Caspian. Caspian quickly turns and rides back into the How.

With Caspian now underground, he leads the Narnians down the battlefield, readying their weapons for the unaware Telemarines.

Both Peter and Caspian start to mutter under their breath.
 "One, two, three, four, five, six..."

"Archers to the ready!" Susan shouts, notching her now herself.

"Seven, eight, nine... Get ready!"

"Take your aim!"

"Now!"

The Narnians underground start smashing the stone pillars. The ground soon crumbles and collapses under the Telmarines.

"Fire!"

The arrows fall into the pit, killing soldiers instantly. Still underground, two dwarfs lower a platform, allowing Caspian to lead the Narnians out into the fight.

Hope's POV

After separating from Susan, I keep urging Lucy to ride on.

"Come on Luc, we're close, I know it!"

I turn my head back to check there are no soldiers still following. Before I know it I can hear the sound of more hooves.

"Lucy, go, we've got company" I say.

She follows my words but its not enough, soon about 3 soldiers surround us. I move myself and my horse in front of Lucy.

Suddenly, a soldiers comes straight toward me, I dodge his attacks and quickly pierce his unprotected skin. His eyes widen and he falls from his horse, allowing it to run off.

I turn and see Lucy to have dealt with one soldier but in the process fallen off from her horse. The last soldier was moving towards her, trapping her between a rock and him.

I move towards her but am beaten to it by a large animal jumping from a rock and dragging the man away. I quickly jump down from my horse and gather Lucy in my arms, checking to see if she was injured.

"Are you ok? Are you hurt?"

"I am fine Hope. Just a bit sore from the fall."

"Oh thank Aslan, your brother would have killed me if you were injured."

"I don't really believe Edmund could do that to you Hope. He loves you too much" Lucy says to me in a sing-song like voice. I giggle and nudge her shoulder.

Before I can say anything we are interrupted by a ruffling of leaves. We turn around to see the lion.

"Aslan" Lucy screamed, running to hug the mighty lion. "I knew it was you. The whole time, I knew it. But the others didn't believe me, other then Hope."

I was still standing there stunned when I heard Lucy say my name. I looked to see her, and Aslan, smiling at me.

Aslan turned back to Lucy with a warm smile. "And why would that stop you from coming to me?"

"I'm sorry," she says, cuddling into his fur more. "I was too scared to come alone."

"Lucy," I say walking to her. "If you had asked, I would've followed you anywhere."

She jumped into my arms now hugging me. I melted into the embrace, loving the feeling of having someone like a little sister.

"Why wouldn't you show yourself? Why couldn't you come roaring in and save us like last time?"

Aslan smiled sweetly at the youngest Queen. "Things never happen the same way twice, dear one."

"If I'd have come earlier, would everyone who died... could I have stopped that?"

"Lucy, you can't think like that. If you do you'll worry yourself half to death. Sometimes things happen for a reason. They can be life changing situations, that can cause heartbreak or happiness in a second. You could have never entered that wardrobe and Narnia would still be in an eternal winter. Fate happens for a reason, we just need to make do with the situation." I say to Lucy.

She looks at me with a tear on her cheek but nods firmly to me in full understanding. I wipe the tear away and kiss her forehead.

"Hope is right, my dear one. We can never know what would have happened, Lucy, but we can know now." 

"You mean you'll help?" Lucy asks with joy quickly filling her face.

"Of course" Aslan states. "As will the both of you."

"I wish I was braver."

"If you were any braver, you'd be a lioness" Aslan laughs. "Now, I think your friends have slept long enough, don't you?"

Lucy nods with a giggle and quickly climbs upon his back. She gestures for me to do the same.

"I might recommend you cover your ears for this Hope" Lucy says whilst placing her hands over her ears.

As soon as I have my ears fully covered, Aslan let out a loud roar, making the ground shake around us. He quickly moves into a run, making me secure my arms around Lucy and give out a laugh.

"Come on!"