Chapter 8

We are all sitting around the stone table, me next to Edmund with my head on his shoulder and his head resting on mine. Suddenly a faun runs in. "Telmarines, your majesties. A soldier was in the forest."

At this Peter calls for a meeting. "It's only a matter of time. Miraz's men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle".
Is he suggesting to take the castle.

Reep steps forward. "What do you propose we do, Sire?"

At the same time, both Caspian and Peter answer. This was bound to happen. Two leaders like them are just going to clash if they don't work together. They both turn and glare at each other. Caspian, knowing Peter is in more control, steps back.
Peter looks around. "Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us.".

Caspian is obviously astounded by this remark as he says "but that's crazy, no one has ever taken that castle"

"There's always a first time".

"We'll have the element of surprise" Trumpkin reasons.

"But we have the advantage here" Caspian quickly said.

"If we dig in, we could probably hold them off indefinitely" Susan added, walking up to Caspian's side.

Trufflehunter then said "I, for one, feel safer underground."

Peter looked between the three, finally settling his gaze on Caspian. "Look, I appreciate what you've done, but this isn't a fortress, it's a tomb".

I was startled when Edmund said "Yes, and if the Telmarines are smart, they'll just starve us out".
"We could collect nuts!" said a squirrel.

Reep turned towards him. "Oh yes, and throw them at the Telmarines! Shut up!"

At this I giggled imagining the Narnians throwing nuts at the Telmarines.
Edmund turned to me.

 "What are you laughing at?" he asked, nudging my rib.

"Just imagine everyone fighting like that." He must of thought about it as he cracked a smile. We turned back to listen to the conversation to hear Peter talking to Glenstorm.

"If I can get your troops in, can you handle the guards?"

"Or die trying, my liege."

Suddenly, Lucy spoke up. "That's what I'm worried about".

"Sorry?" Peter said, clearly confused.

"Well, you're all acting like there are only two options: Dying here, or dying there."

"I'm not sure you've really been listening, Lu."

"No, you're not listening. Or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch, Peter?"

Peter gave her a sad smile. "I think we've waited for Aslan long enough".

At that, everyone walked out leaving me and Edmund. We sat there until he broke the silence.
"I don't want you to go"

"What?"

"I said I don't want you to go."

"And I'm asking why on Narnia do you think I won't go."

"It will be dangerous"

"So?"

"You could get hurt"

"So could you". I looked at him. "Out of the two of us, who has lived with the threat of Telmarines their whole life. Who is the one who has never been caught by them. I've seen what they can do, you haven't.  I've had to hide who am I because of them! So if you think that you can tell me I can't fight them for what they've done, you are wrong."
There it was. I had snapped. I have him one final look and stormed out of the room, leaving him sitting there with a look of fear and realisation.