T h i r t y - T w o

"No, this one. This is the one." Hannah gasped, picking up the white fabric.

"Han, it's an engagement party! Not the wedding." I chuckled, taking a look at the dress she was obsessing over.

"Lana, you have got to look good all the time now. I will not let one of my best friends dress like a lonely housewife. This dress is the one." Hannah squealed, holding it out in front of me.

The dress was nice. It was a white lace fabric with a low cut back. By the looks of it I'd say it ended above the knee. I just needed something a little more wow.

"Hmm, we'll come back to it if we don't see anything else.." I suggested, "I just want to make sure I look hot yet presentable. Denis and I's families will be attending I don't wanna look like I'm about to go clubbing"

"True, Fuck I might pick this dress up for myself. Can a guest wear white?" she asked as we continued to stroll around the fancy looking boutique.

"Of course idiot." I giggled, "As you said, it's only an engagement party."

Hannah grinned, clutching the dress to her chest. "This is gonna show off all of my tattoos. Yes!"

I shook my head and chuckled, we've become so close lately. Probably because we have no other true friends around this fake city. Of course we have the choice- but why make fake friends when you have a true one by your side already. Hannah was going to be my maid of honor- well, 'matron' of honor since she is already wed.

Some of my old friends from Ukraine and Hollywood will be attending the party. I've missed them so much, being a mom really takes away your social life. I have it good now though, with Den around to help. I couldn't make my mom do anymore, she's too good to me.

After another exhausting hour, I was about to give up looking.

"My back hurts." I groaned, putting my hands on my hips.

Hannah continued to search through the rails. "We have got to find something, the party's next week!"

I looked out the window, examining the sun rays that beamed down against the cars.  People crawled the streets, bags in their hands. I smiled as I noticed a girl wearing AA merch.

"Hello! Earth to Lana!" Hannah sang, waving her hand in my face.

"Wha- Huh?"

"This." she smiled proudly, chucking a dress my way.

I gasped, it was beautiful. I need this dress.

The pattern and fabric matched so well, "Yes!" I squealed.

"Cmon dummy! Try it on!"