Forever and Always

The bittersweet scent of coffee filled my senses as a few rays of sunshine danced on my eyelids. I felt featherlight kisses on my cheeks and lips. A smile formed on my lips as I slowly opened my eyes with the familiar warmth.

And there he was so alive and beautiful. Derek. I never thought that I would be able to see him and feel this way as I have felt before. Now at this very moment I feel loved and in love. I savor it and cherish it. I pulled his head back and kisses him full on the mouth. "Good morning gorgeous." said Derek. My smile widened and hugged him again more tightly than the first. "Why baby? Are you okay?" he said. "Yeah I am, I just can't believe that I would be able to be with you like this again." I said in small voice. He then got me in his arms again and cradled me. Kissing me on the head and said "I am always here baby. Always."

With that we got up the bed and sipped on the coffee he prepared by our bedside table. It was a picture perfect scene. One of the moments in our married life that we are happy and at peace at each other.

I know that any time or moment turmoil may stir. That at any second we may not feel the same. Any time we will be shouting or not talking to each other. However, I will not quit, we will not stop trying and making things work. It may sound like a whole lot of work. Yes absolutely! But that's what marriage is. It is  a lifeling commitment to be with the same person every single day. To be able to devote and love that someone despite many things. Yes it is hard but as long as respect and companionship exists it is all worth it.

My thoughts were interrupted by the laughing of my kids from the other room. I close my eyes and feel happy, loved and not alone.

I guess there can never be total happiness. But it is a choice that we make. Today, I choose to be happy and to see life as what it should be - a wonderful place.

More importantly, I have Derek and our kids and I should never feel alone. Forever and Always.