Eighteen

"Hey! Nice to meet you.." Brendon's dad says, putting his hand out for Dallon to shake.

"Dallon. Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Urie." He smiles, shaking his hand firmly. He looks over to his mother, "Mrs. Urie, I'm assuming. Great to meet you as well." He acts oddly proper and slightly nervous are them.

"Wanna go up to my room, Dal?" Brendon smiles, wrapping himself up in his blanket.

"Sure." Dallon smiles and waves a quick goodbye to his parents, following Brendon.

"Dude, you don't have to act so proper and stuff. My parents are pretty chill." They make their way up the stairs.

"I gotta leave a good first impression." Dallon replies quietly, finally entering his room and crashing on his bed.

"Whatever. Whadya wanna do?"

"I don't know. Listen to music. Chat."

"Fair enough." Brendon lays next to Dallon and puts the blanket on both of them. Dallon turns to face him and smiles, playing with Brendon's  hair.

"You're really cute, y'know?"

"I guess." Brendon says with a blush. Dallon chuckles and kisses Brendon's cheek.

"Let's watch a movie or something. What do you have?" Dallon sits up and stands, walking over to a collection of DVDs and CDs. He looks through them and smiles, "You're movie collection is so gay."

"What? No it isn't." Brendon says quickly, sitting up.

"Lies. You have a shit ton of chick flicks."

"Okay. True." He laughs and lays back down.

"You have a shit taste in movies." Dallon sets the movies down and plops back next to Brendon.

"I don't really watch them."

"How do you even survive?"

"I obsessively listen to music."

"Like what?"

"Car Seat Headrest, Blink-182, stuff like that."

"Okay, I've heard of Blink but what's Car Seat Headrest?" Dallon asks with confusion. Brendon smiles and jumps up, walking over to his collection of vinyls and putting one on the record player.

"You ready?"

"Sure..." Dallon says hesitantly.

{play the song and skip to 4:49}

Brendon smiles as the record begins to spin. He lays back on the bed and sighs, closing his eyes, singing along.

"I should be glad to have you back

But this time around somethings turned to black

Your pale body a projection screen

I know every frame so many times that I've seen"

Dallon looks at Brendon with astonishment due to his stunning voice. Brendon smiles and looks over and stops singing.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

-

Dal: im dating Brendon now

Hay: wot

Mel: YAY

Ty: Jish won't talk to me and he left the chat

Ty: but I mean it's whatever it's not like I even really loved him or anything in the first place

Ty: I'll go now. I'm probably annoying

Patrick: you're not. Text me and you can rant privately

Ty: k

-

"Dallon James Weekes! Get down here right now!" Dallon hears his dad from downstairs. He sighs and puts his phone in his pocket, preparing emotionally for the tsunami of emotions waiting to come out.

He makes his way downstairs and sighs, stopping in the doorway, "Yes?"

"You're a faggot, right? You do realize that goes against everything the bible says and it's an abomination?"

"Yes, dad." Dallon rolls his eyes.

"Don't you dare roll your eyes at me. We're going to help you. You're going to therapy tomorrow if you like it or not. If that doesn't work, we'll get you electro-therapy."

"What's that, may I ask?"

"We're gonna shock you until you decide to be straight, like God intended."

"Dad... I didn't fucking choose this."

"You did. And don't you use those words around me!"

"Dad, I've fucked someone in the ass. I think I can say fuck."

"You lost your virginity before marriage, too?! Not only is my son a faggot, but he's a whore!" He yells as his face turns red.

"Oh my god I am so done right now." Dallon turns to go upstairs and hide in his room."

"Dallon James Weekes, turn around and look at me right now!"

Dallon turns around, staring him right in the eye, "I'm a faggot. Guess what? I could fucking care less about your stupid book that was written thousands of years ago. Maybe you should realize that your son isn't going to change. By the way, there is not heaven or hell. If you're dead, you're dead. And once you die, I'll be happy enough to spit on your grave."