letter 2

february 20th 2008

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Dear Isobel,

              Um. I hate to break it to you, but you sent the letter to the wrong person, I believe. Unless you're talking to me, which couldn't be possible since: a) my name isn't Ryan and b) I don't know an Isobel. So yeah, I'm pretty sure you sent it to the wrong address. That's rather embarrassing... You should probably double check the address before sending something that... heartfelt.

              How old are you, anyways? I don't know if this kind of thing is cool wherever you live, but if a girl sent a letter like this to me or any of my friends, we'd tease her about it to no end. It's much too mushy, to be honest with you. What were you thinking? I really can't imagine how your friends conned you into this. 

             But did it ever cross your mind that perhaps this Ryan guy wasn't as great as you think he is? He sounds like a real nerd if you ask me (not that you did, but that's what you get by sending love letters to random strangers). But hey, maybe he'd be perfect for you because you sound like a nerd too (no offense)... That was rude, wasn't it? Oh well.

              I don't want to break your heart or anything, but if I was as nerdy as this guy seems to be I'd choose some girl with really shiny hair who liked me a lot over some shy girl who spends her time writing sappy love letters. Sorry Isobel, it's true.

             But hey! Maybe one day you'll meet someone as nerdy as you who actually likes receiving letters like this (good luck...). Then maybe you'll actually get his address right and not send me weird things like this again. How bout it?

              Best of luck with this Ryan guy, I guess. I don't really know how to end this, it's not like I can say 'nice talking to you' because it wasn't. 

                              Sincerely,

                                        Luke (no I am NOT telling you my last name)