letter 551

☾   ☾   ☾   ☾  

Dear Isobel,

               You wish. I kind of actually wished I had though, it would be cool to still have, y'know? It's scary, to be honest, knowing someday I'll be an old lonely man who forgets what he was like and what he did when he was young. That would suck, forgetting.

          Maybe Ryan is your soul mate. Is he still as "cute" as thought he was back then? Just kidding. 

           Are you being serious when you say you're not sure if getting to know me was a good thing or a bad thing? I always thought it was a great thing. The literal highlight of my middle school career, if you wanna get sappy. Haha.

         You seem to play me as some kind of superhero, Is. I just did what was right, that's all. You'd do the same for your friends, wouldn't you? Tell me more about them. You, apparently, know the names of my friends by heart, but I know nothing about yours.

         I'm not confident in you, specifically, I'm confident in the world. It sounds naive, doesn't it? But I figure we're all here to do one thing. You painting, I guess. If you really want something you'll work for it, and it'll be yours. What do you think? I mean, of course it's still terrifying, the doubt of it all. But I like being optimistic. 

        I'm actually thinking of sending you something soon. I've been working on some new stuff. It's all kind of personal and embarrassing, but I REALLY want a painting.

                          Always, 

                                   Luke.