05.

✫    ✫    ✫    ✫     ✫ 

isobel's pov

"Do we need to pull over? You look like you're going to have a seizure," Franky says loudly from her spot in the passenger seat. And of course, that in return, causes Bree to frantically look over her shoulder, swerving her car all over the place in the process. 

"I'm fine!" I shout, clutching my seatbelt for dear life, squeezing my eyes shut. 

I can't believe I agreed to all of this. The moment Luke had invited me and my friends to his concert, it's been the only thing on my mind. One moment I'm so incredibly excited, then the next I feel as if I were about to have a panic attack. 

Then on top of it all, the moment I brought it up to the girls, they haven't been able to shut up about it. Lauren wasn't able to make it, though she made sure Bree promised her to text updates every twenty minutes.

Both Franky and Lauren nearly fainted when they found out that this Luke boy I've been talking to for six years so happens to be the Luke from the punk band Five Seconds of Summer. At least I wasn't the only one in oblivion; Bree hadn't ever heard of them. She listened to music on the opposite spectrum of the punk genre. She merely came along so that Franky and I didn't end up getting ourselves killed. 

The two in the front of the car quickly busy themselves with reading directions from the map we were lucky enough to find at a gas station. You should never trust that Bree knows where she's going. She seems responsible enough to print off directions beforehand, but that's not the case at all. She always says, "I don't need technology. I've got a great sense of direction." 

Complete crap. 

I nervously glance down at my outfit once they give me my privacy. Lauren insisted upon dressing me up before I left, since she couldn't come and help. I was content wearing a simple dress with a pair of flats, but she told me that no boy would ever go after a girl dressed like a school teacher.

It's not like I wanted Luke to 'go after' me at all, right? 

Instead, she dressed me up in a tight fitting black dress that hugged my body a little too tightly for my comfort. She fought long and hard for me to wear heels, but in the end I won, and slipped on my comfiest pair of black vans.

"There it is!" Franky quickly shouts, pulling me from my thoughts.

Our eyes all quickly land on a small venue, all light up as the sun begins to go down. Clearly stated on the front of the venue:

FIVE SECONDS OF SUMMER - SOLD OUT

I catch Bree grinning at me through the rearview mirror, but before I can quickly look away, pretending not to notice, a deep scarlet blush creeps upon my cheeks.

______________________________________

The moment we enter the venue, we're constantly being pushed and shoved by hundreds of other eager girls, all here to see Luke and his band. I glance curiously around at all the girls decked out in their merchandise, holding signs in their hands, chatting excitedly with their friends. 

My eyes graze across a girl's sign, a certain name sticking out to me. 

It reads,

"LUKE HEMMINGS MAKE LOVE TO ME"

My eyes widen as I continue to look around at all the other girls, holding signs or wearing t-shirts that declare their love to Luke. My Luke. The same Luke I've known since the seventh grade.