letter 554

✐ ✐ ✐ ✐

Dear Luke,

      I'm going to be the most boring old lady in the world, and if I'm being honest, I can't wait for it. I'm going to read every book in the world and knit everyone in the world a sweater and never get off of my butt. 

     I suppose love stories that start in the seventh grade are impossible, though I sure tried (as you had the written evidence in your hands back then. haha.) I guess I'll never be any Romeo's Juliet (insert dramatic sigh here)

    And too sappy? I don't think a boy will ever hear a girl tell them that. It was the perfect amount of sap, if you're that worried about it.

   I shouldn't be worried that you're so interested in my friends, should I? Because I'm incredibly selfish and I don't want to share you with them, ok? But Franky is the tomboy, she's really into sports. She's probably the biggest troublemaker. She always gets us in trouble. Then there's Lauren, and she's never seen without her boyfriend and that's pretty much about her. She doesn't have much of a personality, but I've known her since I was little, so I'm stuck with her. And Bree is the mom of the group. She's super nice, and sweet and caring, and doesn't hesitate to put us in our place, but she still has her moments. She's a bit too controlling, but I love her still. 

    Wow. I didn't mean to talk so much about them, but you asked for it. 

   And you're a cancer, of course. I could tell that. According to google, we're very compatible and our friendship will only grow with years. (lucky you..) haha. 

   And prepare yourself.

   LUKE OH MY GOODNESS. THAT WAS THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER. I couldn't stop reading the lyrics. I knew you were going to be great, but part of me wished that you wouldn't be so that I didn't have to be friends with someone so talented. But of course, you are out of this world.

  You're going to be so famous one day. Please don't forget me, yeah? I'm going to save those lyrics forever so one day when it's playing on every radio station on the universe, I'll be able to tell people that I heard them first. Or perhaps I'll keep them as my own little secret, who knows? 

  Now I don't want to send you a painting, but a promise is a promise. I never go back on my word, unfortunately. It's something I finished a little while ago and was sort of proud of it. I dunno. It's not that great. Don't feel the need to lie to me if you just hate it. I wouldn't be offened (at least that's what I'm telling you). 

               Always,

                     Isobel Lockett

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

an: i've attached a picture which is the painting is sent to luke!