letter 549

☯  ☯  ☯  ☯ 

Dear Isobel,

             You'll be disappointed to know I threw mine out a few days after I replied to it. Sorry. In all fairness, I was weirded out by you, and I was in the seventh grade. You were pretty mature for a twelve year old. I remember that much. A little bit too heartfelt, but mature.

                 I always thought it was me who charmed you. I mean, you didn't have to reply to that letter I wrote bashing you and Ryan, right? Anyways, we can share the credit. I was a sucker for overly sentimental girls back then, I'm sure. 

                 It's not as interesting as you make it out to be. You've got to send me one of your paintings sometime soon. I've been wanting to see one for a while now. 

                  It's been a pretty chill week for me, actually. On Monday some of my friends got black-out drunk at this party we all got invited to and I had to drive them home. (I was sober, don't worry). One of them puked in my backseat. I haven't talked to him since. Everyone else seems to find this hilarious when I tell them.

               I don't want to elaborate on your well-being because you don't want me to. But you'll be okay, alright Is? You're gonna be something someday, I swear to god. Try to stay positive. I'm rooting for you. 

               I guess I was kind of a jerk in the seventh grade. To you, at least.

                        Love (I know I usually say sincerely, but I think you could use more than that today),

                                    Luke

             P.S: Whatever happened to Christine and Ryan? You've never told me how that ended.

             P.P.S: Your letters are never annoying.