Thirteen

~Kayla~

I was sitting in 'my room', minding my own business, when there was a knock on the front door. I knew I was 'home' alone, so I went down to answer it. Putting on the best fake smile that I could muster. 

"Hi. Can I hel-" I froze mid sentence when I was greeted by a familiar pair of almond eyes. 

"Hey beautiful. I'm back." Ryan smirked, seeing how shocked I was.

"Well, aren't you going to let me in?"

Instinctively, I went to slam the door in his face. He caught it with his foot just as it was about to close.

"Hey now. That isn't a very nice way to greet a familiar face." Ryan nudged the door further open with his foot, until it was fully open. "Aren't you going to let me in?"

I stood, frozen in shock. Ryan is back. He is standing right in front of me and wants to come inside. He looks even better than he did before. His dark brown hair was a mess, making him look like he had just gotten out of bed. He was wearing blue jeans and a white shirt. He had a stupid smirk on his face, knowing just how much me seeing him was affecting me.

"Uh. Y-Yeah," I stammered," Come on in." I moved slightly to the side, allowing Ryan entrance into the house.

"Still not living with your parents. The Harrison's treating you well?"

I didn't answer him, simply just stared at him as he wandered around, looking at all of the photos and various items scattered around the room.

"Which room is yours?"

Once again, I didn't answer him.

"What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?"

No response.

"Silent treatment it is. Okay; I'll find it on my own." Ryan walked up the stairs to where the bedrooms were. I silently followed behind him. He walked right into my room. "Bingo."

I finally managed to gain enough courage to speak. "What are you doing here Ryan?"

"Isn't it obvious? I came to save my girl from the monster called Lucas."