Fourteen

~Kayla~

"Save me? Why do you need to save me?"

"Are you being serious? Lucas is the reason that your parents kicked you out. He's the reason that they don't have any trust in you." Ryan looked through my numerous books scattered across my desk as he spoke. "When he went to jail, you would always visit him and they lost all the trust that they had in you. This is all his fault and i'm here to save you from him."

I was mad. No, I take that back. I was furious. "You don't know anything about Lucas. You just know the things that people have told you about him. He's a good person and isn't like that anymore. It's my own fault that my parents lost trust in me. My life has only gotten better since they kicked me out. Well, except for that one thing." My voice got quiet as I thought about the divorce. Oh god. What am I going to do?

"What one thing?"

I didn't look at him. I was ashamed that I had caused my parents divorce.

"What one thing, K?"

"My parents are getting a divorce."

Just as I said that, I heard a door slam downstairs and laughter resonated throughout the house.

"Kayla! Kayla! Where are you?" Lucas' voice filled the house; he sounded really happy about something.

"Get out Ryan." I stated softly. When he didn't move, I said it louder. "Ryan, get out." He still stayed still in his place.

I started to scream it, hoping to catch the attention of Reggie and Lucas to help me get him out of the house. "Get out! Get out! Get out get out get out!"

I could hear two sets of feet running up the stairs toward my room.

"K Bear, what's wrong?" Reggie looked at me and saw the tears streaming down my face and instantly went to hug me.

"I think you should get out," Lucas said through gritted teeth. "Now."

Ryan smirked at Lucas before he slowly walked toward my door.

"K, You might not know it now, but you need me. Keep that in mind. I'll be back." And with that, he left.

"K Bear. I'm going to let go of you now." I felt Reggie move his arms away and another pair replace them. "I'll be downstairs if you need me."

The tears kept cascading down my face in a never ending stream. I slowly fell to the ground, Lucas' arms still wrapped securely around me.

"It's okay sugarcookie, I am here." With those words replaying over and over in my head, I fell asleep in his arms.