Sixteen

~Kayla~

I woke up in my bed with the sun shining on my face. How did I get in my bed? I thought back to what had happened the night before. Ryan had come into the house. He said he was here to save me from Lucas. We got in a fight about Lucas. The divorce. He wouldn't leave. Reggie and Lucas got him to go. I fell asleep in Lucas' arms.

I slowly dragged myself out of bed and into the shower. When I was done, I pulled my hair into a messy bun and pulled on sweatpants and an oversized sweatshirt. I trudged downstairs and was greeted by a stressed out looking Lucas.

"What's wrong?"

He looked at me, eyes filled with sadness. " I am so so sorry Kayla. The divorce trial is starting tomorrow, and your presence has been requested to decide which parent has complete custody of you." My eyes got huge and my mouth hung open. What am I going to do?

Lucas could sense how distressed I was and handed me a glass of water. I chugged it down very quickly. I need to chose between my parents. How on earth am I going to do that? I looked at Lucas. He looked just as miserable as I felt. I gave him a quick hug before I went back up to my room. "Looks to me like another day of moping around." I lightly laughed at myself. What has my life come to?