Fifteen

~Lucas~

Reg and I spent the day out, doing guy stuff, while Kayla stayed at the house. I didn't want to leave her alone, but she convinced me that she would be alright.

When we got back, Reg slammed the door and I called out to Kayla, "Kayla! Kayla! Where are you?" I was happy to see her because Reg's face is nowhere near as pretty as hers.

It was quiet, until suddenly we heard her screaming. "Get out! Get out! Get out get out get out!"

Reg and I took off running up the stairs and to her room. Reg got there first and asked her what was wrong.

She had tears streaming down her face and instantly he instantly went to hug her.

My eyes scanned the room in search of what caused her harm, when my eyes landed on a smirking Ryan leaning on her desk. Just the sight of him made me angry. "I think you should get out," I said through gritted teeth. "Now."

Ryan's smirk grew before he slowly walked toward her door.

Before he left, he turned to Kayla. "You might not know it now, but you need me. Keep that in mind. I'll be back." And then he left.

I stood in the hall, scowling at the back of his head as he made his dissent down the stairs.

"K Bear. I'm going to let go of you now."Reg's voice shook me out of my trance. As he let go of Kayla, I instantly wrapped my arms around her. "I'll be downstairs if you need me." I nodded at Reg as he backed out of the room.

Tears were pouring out of her eyes as she began to fall to the ground. I lowered myself down with her, not removing my arms from the protective hold.

"It's okay sugarcookie, I am here." I said to her. After a few moments she drifted off to sleep.

I sighed as I thought about how messed up her life has gotten. She never deserved any of this. This was all my fault; which is why I know that I can never be with her.

A few minutes passed before I lightly lifted her and carried her to her bed. I looked at her sleeping figure once more before I left the room.

I am doing this to protect her. It's for her own good. I kept repeating that over and over in my head. If it is good for her, then why does it feel so wrong?