Chapter Twenty- Tomorrow

*One Month Later*

I look down at my body as I stand in front of the mirror. I am in nothing but a bra and underwear. My fingers run down my stomach, catching the feeling of the bump that started to form, where the baby is. I've come to accept the fact that I'm going to be a mother whether I like it or not. I know with Peeta by my side, I'll make it through. The past month has been rough. I've been puking, eating a lot, sleeping a lot, and most of all, crying a lot. The fact that I've accepted this baby doesn't change my fear. I am still terrified. There are many reasons to be terrified when you've been to hell and back like me. I fear being pregnant, I fear the day my water breaks, and most of all, I fear for my child. Even if we're safe and the games are over, things can still happen. Nothing makes me more afraid than that. Right now I'm mostly fearing tomorrow. Tomorrow is day one of the Anniversary Tour. It's mostly like the Victory Tour each district has one day, the victors come up and make a speech, and then there's a party, and then we travel to the next district overnight. It ends in the Capitol with a three day party. A lot of people literally party non stop. I look up at myself in the mirror. Peeta, Cinna, and Haymitch are still the only people who know. I plan to release the news to the other victors sometime during the tour and then the rest of Panem during an interview in the Capitol with Caesar. That's what I fear most. People still make a big deal out of everything. I'll have to get the news out eventually. After all, I'm already starting to get a bump. Peeta says he doesn't notice it but I personally think he's saying that to make me feel better. He or she is growing faster than I expected. I think it's a girl. I've still been having dreams and sometimes nightmares with the little girl claiming she's my daughter. Her appearance varies. Sometimes her hair is blonde and her eyes are gray and other times her hair is brown and her eyes are blue. Sometimes she looks just like Peeta and other times like me. Her name remains the same though. Lily Rue Primrose Mellark. I wonder if it really will be her name if it is a girl. I have to see the doctor when I get back from the Anniversary Tour. I will be able to see him or her the first time and maybe see if it's a he or she. Peeta really wants a little girl but I kinda want a boy. If he or she is a boy, he would have to go to Peeta for advice when they're older, if it's a girl she would go to me and I'm not the best at advice. And a boy is easier to take care of. I would be able to teach him to hunt with less worry about him not liking it. Not to say that a little girl wouldn't like it she might. I'm just scared she won't. I'm scared I won't be a good mother. My child isn't even born yet and I'm a terrible mother already.

Just then Peeta walks in, his warm and strong arms wrap around me from behind. "Ready for tomorrow?" He asks.

I just shake my head.

"Yeah me either."

I pull away and turn around to face him. "Am I showing?"

"No Katniss you're not. You need to stop worrying about this. You won't be showing for at least a few more weeks."

"But Peeta feel this." I say and take his hand and place it on my abdomen.

Peeta seems shocked. I never let him do this before, it would make me uncomfortable. "So what Katniss you have a little bump. That doesn't mean you'll show yet."

"But you could feel it. And that means I'll start to show soon. I'm just gonna get bigger and bigger."

"Katniss be quiet. You're not gonna technically show for a little while. Most people will just think you gained a few pounds. Just don't worry about it okay?"

"Okay." I sigh.

After I say that, there is a knock on the door. "Come in." I say, quickly throw on my robe, and Cinna walks in holding a dress he designed. "I want you to try this on. It's for tomorrow."

I nod and take the dress. "Okay thank you. Just give me a minute."

Cinna nods and steps out of the room.

I take off my robe again and put on the dress, looking at Peeta. "How do I look?" I ask.

"You look amazing." Peeta says and smiles.

"Really?" I say.

He nods. "Yes you look absolutely beautiful." He says and plants a kiss on my cheek.

"Thanks." I say. "Can you go and get Cinna?"

He nods and steps out of the room and comes back with Cinna.

Cinna gets a good look at me. "You look absolutely amazing."

"Yeah yeah. Thanks." I say.

"It's true especially the dress. It really brings out your natural beauty." He says.

"I like the dress I just don't really like it on me." I say.

"Nonsense. I designed the dress because I knew it would look good on you."

"Yeah okay." I say.

"Don't bring yourself down like this." Cinna says. "You're gonna blow the people of district twelve away."

"Okay fine." I say with a yawn.

"Are you tired?"

I nod.

"Okay. Take off the dress and get a good night's sleep. It's gonna be a long two weeks."

I nods and do exactly what he says. And I know. I have a great feeling this is gonna be a very long two weeks.

______________

Hey guys sorry for not updating in a while. But this is a rather longer chapter than my usual ones. I've also been busy with school and everything. I have a lot of plans to torture you guys in my future updates. So yeah make sure you click vote. Five likes and I'll update again. I don't really feel like doing a personal life update because it's basically school so yeah bye. Don't forget to comment, like, and follow. I follow back, k bye.