Chapter One- Just a Dream

• Dedicated to Suzanne Collins

I see Prim sitting with her back to me in a field of daisies, picking the flowers and creating a necklace out of them. Suddenly, the scenery melts into darkness. She turns around slowly, her face distorting into that of a mutt's. Her teeth pull back into a blood curdling growl as she races towards me, blood pouring out of her mouth. I let out a scream and next thing I know I feel Peeta's arms around me. I am gripping onto his shirt tightly as sweat pours down my face and tears are coming out of my eyes. I am shaking. I look into Peeta's soft blue eyes. He hugs me tightly.  

"You're ok, it was just a dream." Peeta tells me. 

"I know but it just feels so real." I say, my voice trembling.  

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asks. 

I shudder just at the thought of my dream. "N-no" I say.  

"Okay, do you want any lunch?" He asks. 

"Lunch.. What time is it?" I question.  

"It's around 12:30 in the afternoon." He explains.  

"Oh." I think about last night and how I went to bed around eight because of how tired I was. I never slept sixteen hours straight before. But whatever I was tired last night. My stomach lets out a growling noise. "Can you please just make me some cheese buns?"  

He nods. "Of course" He gives me a passionate kiss on the cheek and wanders into the kitchen. I get up, take a shower, and get dressed. I walk into the kitchen where the appetizing aroma of the cheese buns fill my nose as Peeta pulls a tray full of freshly baked cheese buns out of the oven. I run over to the cheese and just as I'm about to take one Peeta stops me. "Careful, they're hot." He warns cautiously.  

"I don't care!" I say taking one. I am starving. I take a bite. They where hot but I was just happy to finally eat something. I ate five cheese buns before I got that awful feeling in my stomach. I quickly run into the bathroom and hurl into the toilet. Two seconds later Peeta is right next to me, holding my hair back. 

"Please go away. I'm not gonna make you see this."  

"No Katniss, it's fine." He says as he gently rubs my back.  

"No. Please I'll be fine. Really." I croak.  

"No Katniss I'm not leaving you alone like this." 

"Really Peeta just go. I'll be out in a minute."  

"Fine." He sighs and walks out and into the kitchen.

~~~ Hey Everyone I hope you enjoy my second fanfic. Sorry for such a short first chapter. I'll try to update this story as often as I can. My updates will probably range from a few times a week to once every few weeks depending on how busy I am. -Hannah <3 ~~~~