Note/Resources (Updated February 2023)

February 2, 2023
I've posted a companion piece, called Analysis, that talks about Zack's past. (wattpad.com/myworks/333550697-analysis)

November 26, 2020

A list of triggers/content warnings has been added before the first chapter. Take care! 

August 2, 2020

(This is kind of long but please bear with me ♥)

Even though it says this story was published in 2014, it was actually a little earlier than that. I wrote it sometime during high school for NaNoWriMo.  It was first published on Mibba, and if you compare this version to the one on Mibba, you'll notice some differences. 

It surprises and makes me really happy that people are still reading this story and enjoying it! But to be honest, looking back at this story as an adult makes me cringe hardcore. I'm not interested in rewriting it or changing anything; it's still special to me and I'm happy you all still like it. It's just a little bit embarrassing sometimes lol. This story deals with a lot of serious issues that I don't really think I tackled all that greatly. Thinking back to the age I was, I was really trying my best with it. 

Three things had happened that made me want to write Psyche. One, I had just finished reading Dream Boy by Jim Grimsley, which is a great, short novel I highly recommend. Two, I had done research about intersex individuals for a school project, and that's part of how the character, Jamie, came to be created. However, I am not intersex and most likely there's some issues with my portrayal of Jamie. Still, I hope you were able to like Jamie and root for him. Lastly, I was tired of reading the same boyxboy stories (although I don't know how much different Psyche really is from the others).  I wanted stories that explored multiple subjects. I wanted more diverse characters (I got tired of reading about the same white emo/scene gay boys with the same generic name).  I wanted more stories with lesbian characters and more stories about friends. I wanted more stories that weren't just focused on sex. 

I just wanted something different, so I made an effort to write those things myself in Psyche. I don't know if I accomplished it perfectly. I tried my best. I think I did okay. I know you've heard it before, but representation is important. I strongly encourage anyone to write the things they want to see.  

To finally end this long message, thank you to every single person who has read Psyche or is currently reading it! I appreciate every vote and comment. I don't come on here anymore, but every once in a while I do briefly check in just to see what new comments have been made. However, that means if you message me about the story or ask a question in the comments, most likely I won't answer it in a timely manner or not at all. Sorry about that. 

Psyche is one of my favorite stories I have ever written during my childhood and one that I am very proud of, despite its flaws. I still find it so hard to believe that people enjoy this story to this day. 

Thank you for giving it so much love. Please take care of yourself and others. 

- lovetones

Resources (Updated August 2020)

CDC

cdc.gov/violenceprevention/childabuseandneglect/fastfact.html

Love Is Respect

loveisrespect.org/is-this-abuse/types-of-abuse/what-is-sexual-abuse

InterACT

interactadvocates.org

APA

apa.org/topics/sexuality/intersex.aspx

IM Alive: Onlice Crisis Network

imalive.org