Making Ends Meet

Martin and the others quickly running out of energy as more and more shots were heard from the direction of the camp. "C'mon, c'mon". Martin said to himself as he struggled to regulate his breathing. Before they knew it they could see the camp and could see why they could hear shooting. A massive herd of the dead heard the  shots coming the the shed. There was too many for Reg, Jason, Cassandra and Melissa to fight off. They all made sure they had weapons and moved into the camp.

"GET BACK! GET BACK!" Reg yelled out to the members of the group who stayed at the camp. Then several shots were fired at the eaters from behind the group. Reg looked back and saw Martin and the others running towards the camp. Jason looked back and saw them coming as Leigh picked Molly up and ran behind the returning members. Jason then faced the herd and stabbed an eater in the head with his knife and let it fall on top of him. He had to wait for a window in the herd to get Theodore. The groups shooting then became heavier and the eaters became less and less. This was Jason's chance. He aggressively ran into the camp shoving the eaters aside, threw Theodore over his shoulder and then was was covered by the group as he ran away from the herd. Once they had regrouped they all sprinted as fast as they could in the opposite direction of the camp. 

After at least twenty minutes of running rapidly Reg told everyone to slow down. As he attempted to catch his breath he asked Martin "Wha- what happened? Where's Roy?" Martin paused a moment and the told everyone the news. "Chewy's dead. Alex got away. Roy's gone after him". The group was silent. They could not believe what they were hearing. Then suddenly, Theodores painful moans broke the silence. Jason muttered under his breath "oh shit". Then spoke up and said "We get moving, Theodore's not gonna make it". Martin understood that they couldn't stay here, but the problem was that there was nowhere to go. "Where do you suggest we go Jason?" Harry asked the doctor. "The house. Back to the house. It's the only place." The entire grouped feared that the house would be the only option. "No!" Reg exclaimed. "I've put my daughters in enough danger. Nothing is certain for going back there. It may be certain, but it might not and I will not put my daughters in the kinda danger." He continued but Martin understood the reality of the situation. "We'll deal with it if its not safe" he said. "We're going to the house. NOW! QUICKLY!" Martin shouted as the group ran in the house's direction. Martin pulled out his knife and carved a message into a nearby tree for Roy and Mark. Brief though the message was but it read:"ROY, MARK GO TO HOUSE ALONG RIVER -GROUP". Martin put his knife away and caught up with the group. 

Night had now fallen on the area as a fierce figure dragging a hostage beside him stopped to read the message that Martin left for Roy and Mark. "Oh well you look at that huh?" This dark enemy said to his hostage.