Leave It To The Dead

Seth had finally finished piling up the dead eaters. He would get Roy and Theodore to help burn them when they got back. Seth now had the opportunity to have some time to himself. He decided to take a walk through the water that was left over which was plenty, a waste if anything. After he passed the water, he would be on the oval. As he continued to walk aimlessly on the oval he saw a shed that hadn't been opened for a long time. He decided to break the lock on the door with his ax from the groundskeepers shed. In this shed was two SUV's in perfect condition and along the walls were several drums that were full of gas. 

Now was night. Roy and Theodore were running back the school shooting eaters as they went. The closer they got to the school the more eaters heard the shots and the closer Angelo and his men got to them. They quickened their pace and were determined to get back to the only people they had.

"You don't understand any of you. Say Roy and Theodore are dead and I go after them and I get killed that leaves Mark in charge. What happens then if Angelo comes?" Seth said to Mark, Bill and Cassandra. "We just need to wait for them. If Angelo comes we leave". Cassandra's eyes became full with tears as she walked out but at this point they all heard vehicles approaching and Roy yell out "SETH!!!!" 

The four of them were all down on the cement at the cafeteria. They could all see Roy and Theodore. Seth was going to run out to them but Roy yelled out "No no stay back!" Once Roy and Theodore made it to the others they said Angelo was coming with men, they had no supplies but they had to leave. Just after Roy said this Mark said "That's not all that's coming". They all looked and saw that there was a herd of eaters. Too many eaters to count. "Roy, there's a shed in the corner of the oval. There's two cars there" Seth said to Roy who said back "Right quickly run to the shed!"

The six gave it all they had. As tired and shaken up as Roy and Theodore might have been they still showed their true colors. Bill was even more tired than Roy and Theodore. He had to practically get Mark to drag him along. As they crossed the water, Angelo and his men's cars smashed down the fence and drove at their top speed into the school. This also gave the herd of eaters a way into the school. Roy looked to the fence and saw Angelo coming. "MARK! GET CASSANDRA AND BILL TO THE CARS!" He yelled out to Mark, Cassandra and Bill. Theodore and Seth were out of the water and they waited for Roy to get out. Once he was they got their guns out and waited for Angelo and his men to reach the water. Finally they did and the began to shoot at each other but it was twenty against three. Roy, Theodore and Seth didn't stand a chance. Even though four of Angelo's men had been killed Roy, Theodore and Seth decided to run to the shed.

By the time they got to the shed Mark had gotten Cassandra and Bill into one of the SUV's. Roy, Theodore and Seth ran into the shed and went to get into the other but Roy saw all the bottles of gas along the wall and thought that he could have another use for them. 

Mark and Seth drove the SUV's out of the shed and then to the back gate of the school while Roy and Theodore opened the gas bottles and threw them into the water. While Angelo and his men crossed it, they waited until he was out of the water and then ignited the gas by shooting it. Angelo now stood alone. He ran at Roy and Theodore and they ran into the shed. Roy was standing in the shed ready to shoot Angelo but before he did Theodore jumped out from the corner and hit him with a crow bar from the shed. Angelo was on his knees, "Kill me then, if it makes you feel better" he said to his killers. Roy stared into Angelo's dying eyes with anger then looked to Theodore and nodded. Theodore put the crow bar against his enemies neck and pulled back as hard as he could to cause Angelo's neck to break. "Let him turn. Speaking of which lets get to the cars before the eaters get here. Like I said to Seth, we're leaving the school to the dead" Roy and Theodore ran to the cars as Angelo turned. Roy and the others were now back on the road looking for a place to survive in this cursed world.