Bleeding

Alex was fading from this life. His vision; blurred, his breathing; heavy and labored and his hearing was the poorest it had ever been. He could faint snarls from the eaters that were coming at him and it was loud and obvious sounds that could be heard even a little clearer. He had no weapons to defend himself with. Alex knew that this was going to be his death. The least he could for himself was shove the eaters as best he could out of the way and get into the GP Clinic and find something that he could cauterize his ear wound with. The eaters endlessly attempted to bite Alex. At times he thought that he had been bitten but he managed to push them away in time. Alex was now in some space. There was nothing between him and the doors. He tried as best as he could to not lose his footing or pass out before getting to safety. As hard as he tried the affect of losing an ear was overpowering. He stumbled and fell to the ground to land on his stomach. "Oh!" he moaned as eaters approached him from behind. Although he was weak, he was not going to give up. Alex began to crawl to door of the GP Clinic leaving a thick trail of blood which was spilling at an on going pace from his ear. This could not seem like a blessing in disguise especially for Alex but it was. The eaters were drawn to the puddle of blood and became distracted which Alex the opportunity to get inside. Closer and closer he crawled to the door. For no specific reason he looked back. He didn't know why. He knew if anything it was a stupid thing to do. Nut he did it anyway. This was an ill choice as one eater noticed Alex looking back which this dying man no choice but to crawl faster. He had finally reached the door but by that point nearly every eater that was drinking his blood was trying to sink its rotting teeth into his flesh. Alex wept in fear as he staggered through the door and just when he thought he was free of eaters for now, one of them tried to get through the door before Alex had the chance to pull it closed. Usually in this situation, this man would drive a knife through the dead man's skull, but this time it wasn't possible. Alex pulled the door towards him as hard as he could which spent most of his power until the eaters skull crushed and blood splattered all over Alex. 

The doors were now closed and Alex was safe of unfriendly threats. The only threat to him now was the amount of blood was losing. He fell to the ground to rest for a minute. "C'mon, c'mon" he muttered to himself as he saw a box of matches laying on the ground in front of him. He reached his hand out to them and picked them up then acted like them pulled himself up using the waiting from chairs as support. He leaned on the chairs  until he reached the hallway and staggered into the nurse's station then collapsed onto a surgery bed. His breathing was now even heavier and he had to stop it. "Bleeding. Bleeding" He said as dragged himself to the equipment cabinet and pulled out an iron.  Alex lite a match to see what else was around him and what he did see was a sign on a door which said "Break Room". Now his hopes lied in the possibility of there being a gas stove in the break room. After having to battle with himself to get into the break room, Alex eventually made it. Luck was truly on his side as there was a gas stove and even though the power had been for weeks it still worked. The GP Clinic must have had it's own backup generator. Alex allowed a few moments for the stove and iron to get hot enough when it finally was Alex was closer to death then he had ever been before. He had strength enough to apply the iron to where his ear used to be and saw it cauterized. His screams surely would've drawn every eater from Port Moore to Everton to the GP Clinic. Once the pain became to much to bear Alex dropped the iron and fell to the ground with it. Shaking, stunned and shocked Alex laid on the ground. In the middle of the room there was a small dining table and underneath it Alex could see a plastic water bottle which was half full. He reached for it and took a sip from it them poured the rest of his wound.

Alex picked himself and up and finally left the GP Clinic. To him, it seemed as though eaters were everywhere and they were so close. But the reality of this situation was that there was only a few eaters and they were nowhere near Alex. Before he knew it was walking through the forestry having visions of certain times. Like the last night he saw Roy before the world ended and when the first met John. His thoughts were swimming uncontrollably through his mind and he was convinced that this the end. He continued to walk through the trees not being able to see or hear properly. Every noise left a high pitched ringing in his one good ear. Alex could see a man standing not that far away from him with his back to him. Alex tried to speak to whoever this was. Whoever this man was, friend or foe, it didn't matter to Alex. He needed help even if it was just until he was away from being close to death. "Hu-, hel-" Alex said slurred trying to get the mans attention. Whoever it was began to shake his hands and then zipped up his fly and saw Alex. At first he thought that he was an eater. "Fucking eaters" he said as he approached Alex. They both stopped as the man pulled a shocked look. They knew who each other were. This man was Robert Oldman. Robert lowered his knife and said in a riddled tone "Alex?" Alex had never taken a deeper breathe than the one he just took before he fell to ground with his eyes shut and his thoughts coming to a sudden stop.