Role Model~28

I don't know how I ended up with Annabeth Chase's number. Maybe because of the dozens of mutual friends we have, or because, somehow, everyone in the YouTube community is connected. It was quite strange, actually, having her phone number. Like, imagine having your favorite celebrity's phone number? Yeah, it was like that.

The requests for a video with Annabeth started when I admitted on Twitter that I thought she was the funniest girl on YouTube. My followers went a little bit crazy after that, commenting to me about how it'd be their dream to watch a video with their two favorite content providers. It was my dream to make a video with her, too.

Now I was here, contemplating whether or not I should text her some awkward message about filming together. She doesn't know me, heck, she might not even watch my videos. I don't want to sound desperate, or like a creep. I would be creeped out if I got a random text from a guy I don't even know exists.

Hey, it's Percy Jackson. You know, that YouTube guy who talked about how you're funny and stuff. Well, uh, wanna' do a video?

That's my weak, and terrible text I finally sent her after five minutes. I don't expect her to respond any time soon, so I'm not going to just sit around my phone all day. That would make me look clingy along with desperate and a creep, like before.

She responds back about an hour later, saying, Hi, it's nice to talk to you! I'm free next Wednesday. Is that an okay day?

That was the spark of our conversation which lasted an hour. Mainly it was comprised of just making plans and such, but there would be the occasional joke or two. All of her texts were perfectly organized and grammatically correct, which, honestly, does not surprise me.

Wednesday

It only took one knock for me to know it was her. I rushed to the apartment door, and swung it open. Hey, you'd be ecstatic to meet your role model, too. The force of the door blew some air towards Annabeth, lifting up a couple strands of hair.

She laughed, probably at my joyfulness. "Hey, Percy!"

I hugged her, which was a pretty bold move, as I had literally never met her before. But thankfully, she didn't pull away awkwardly, she just laughed even more. "Hi," I greeted back to her, finally unwrapping my arms.

We just there, me in the apartment, her in the doorway, in silence. Until, I said, "Oh, uh, come in."

It only took twenty minutes to come up with two video ideas, one for my channel and one for hers. Once we set up the lights and camera, we sat down on my couch, the place where I film almost all of my videos.

"Hello, YouTube, it's me, and I am here with," I paused for dramatic affect. "Annabeth Chase!"

She waved at the camera before exclaiming, "Hey, guys!"

"So today we will be doing truth or dare," I explained to the camera. 

Annabeth piped in with saying to me, "Which will probably end terribly considering our followers are deciding the truths and dares."

I chuckled, "Probably, since some of you are insane. But, of course, in a good way."

She laughed at my comment before saying, "Okay, let's get started. Percy, truth or dare?"

"Oh god, this reminds me of middle school." I commented, "Truth."

The video was 9 minutes and 42 seconds long. It was filled with egg cracking, me talking about my first girlfriend, and Annabeth having to read Twilight  in a sensual voice to me without laughing. All of the questions or risks were fairly normal and simple. But the last one, not so much.

"Annabeth, truth or dare?" I asked, my voice having a hint of mischievous in it.

"Dare," she replied quickly.

Wanting the video to end interesting, I told her, "@bluecookies dares you to kiss me for at least five seconds."

She went bright red, which I honestly didn't expect from her. "Oh my god," she chuckled.

I leaned towards her just the slightest, but I knew she could tell. "Well?"

Annabeth rolled her eyes before laughing again. "Okay," she whispered.

And then she kissed me. She kissed me in a video which thousands, maybe millions will see. I already knew that our fan-bases could potentially go insane over it, but that's the internet.

I lost track of counting the seconds, all I knew is that it had been long past five. 

Percy was right about their subscribers going nuts. His Twitter was comprised of Tweets only about the kiss for at least three days, and so was Annabeth's. Some fans were even begging for another video from the two, some even were begging for them to date. It had gone so far that a trending hashtag was #Percabeth, the combing of their names.

Eventually, after making an abundance of videos together, they identified as best friends. And after that, Annabeth moved in with him. This, of course, made the #Percabeth trend rebirth, but they didn't particularly mind it. In some way, they were kind of like Dan Howell and Phil Lester.

Percy and Annabeth started dating on August 18th. On that same day, they both announced it on YouTube. 

A/N: Hi! Sorry that this is a little bit shorter than usual. That's really all, hope you're having a good day!

<3 -Anne <3