The Love Expert~20

It's a rare occurrence for Percy Jackson to study. Especially for a math test. He needs that studying, and the one time he does it, someone, Jason, interrupts him. Percy knew exactly why.

He closed his textbook before looking up at Jason. "What's wrong with your relationship now?"

His friends always came to Percy for relationship advice. Which was weird because he wasn't even in a relationship, and the only one he has ever been in ended horribly. Maybe the guys thought he knew the most about girls. And maybe the girls thought, as a guy himself, he'd know why Jason or Frank did the thing they did.

Jason leaned his elbows on the table before speaking. "Piper and I basically got into a fight about what would happen the day she has her big dance performance and I have the big football game. She said something about how it was important that I go to her performance because she has a solo in it, but I can't ditch the game. I mean, I'm the quarterback, Perce."

Percy, with his head resting in his palm, stared at Jason with a blank look. "And then you just ran out on the conversation?"

"Yes," Jason nodded.

"Jase, you and Piper really need more communication in your relationship. Look, you two are great together, but whenever you two have a fight, one of you runs out on the conversation. The only way you'll resolve this is by talking and making a plan."

Jason huffed, and ran his hand across his blond hair. "I'll go back and talk to her."

"Good," Percy said bluntly before Jason got out of the chair and walked out of the library door.

Percy sighed before going back to reading about trigonometry. After a few minutes of him not being able to solve a problem, he slammed his book closed and groaned quietly, as he was in a library.

"Do you need help?" A small voice asked beside him.

He looked over to see Annabeth Chase, a girl who he'd never really talked to, but he knew she was nice and abnormally smart.

"Um, I guess?" Percy replied, wiping hair away from his eyes.

She got up and carried her novel and backpack over to the table he was sitting at. "What are you studying?"

"Trigonometry, for Mr. Budroe's class. You aren't in the class, right?" Percy was only now noticing how stunning her eyes were. He always knew they were grey, but he never realized how they looked like they were always calculating.

She swallowed, as if she was nervous. "No, I'm not, but I know how to do this. Can you show me how you are doing this problem? Just to see what you're doing."

He nodded before starting to explain how to do problem five. Annabeth corrected him along the way, not in a snobby way, but a gentle and helpful way. By the end, he could correctly solve a problem.

"So, you good? With trigonometry, I mean." Annabeth asked, brushing her curly hair to one side, showing the owl earrings she was wearing.

"I think so. Thanks, Annabeth," Percy said.

Her eyes sparkled as she smiled. "You're welcome, I'll help you anytime. Anyways, I should probably get home."

Percy nodded, but before she could leave, he said, "Hey, um, do you want my number? You know, just in case I ever can't solve a problem."

Annabeth chuckled quietly, and pulled out her phone. "What is it?"

He told her his phone number, then let her go off on her way out of the library. Percy smiled to himself. He was broke from his thoughts as Jason's voice spoke to him.