chapter 7

"And why the hell did she invite me? Does she even know I exist?" asked Rose raising one of her brows in confusion. There was no way she was invited for Delen Flint's birthday party. They didn't even know each other.

  "That's exactly what I was going to say" said Roxanne as well. Rose, Lily, Roxy, Albus, Hugo, Lucy, Alice, Augusta and James were chatting in one corner of the common room. The tension between James and Alice however was not noticed by anyone. Every once in a while, James would steal a glanced at Alice. While Alice tried her best to ignore looking in James's direction. She could still feel his intensifying gaze burning holes though her every now and then.

"You're not joking, are you?" asked Hugo to James who had just told them that they were all invited for Delen's birthday party.  

"The credit for that, Ladies and Gentlemen, goes to our very own Fred Weasley" said James standing up from his spot. Alice's head snapped in James's direction for a while and James grinned at her. But Alice shifted her gaze to the ground again. Okay, what the hell was up? wondered James. This was not just about that night when he sneaked upon Alice and Godric. There was more to the story. His thoughts were interrupted by Albus

  "Fred? What does he have to do with anything?" asked Albus furrowing his eyebrows

  "Well, you know how they share the head common room?" James started and everyone nodded "So well, Delen decided to throw her birthday party in their residence and Fred disagreed. And then she was begging him with her puppy dog eyes and all. And you know Freddie, he has been crushing on Delen for years now-"

(A/N- JAMES ALWAYS BLURTS OUT THINGS HE IS NOT SUPPOSED TO SAY ;)

  "What? Fred has a crush on Delen?" (ALBUS)   "No way!" (LUCY)   "What?" (ALICE)   "Bloody Hell!!?" (HUGO)   "Merlin's pants!" (ROSE)   "BUT SHE IS A SNAKE!" (AUGUSTA) (A/N-SHE HATES SLYTHERINS)  

"I always knew" (LILY)   The occupants of the room exclaimed together. James rolled his eyes dramatically.

  "Okay, so if you guys are done over-reacting, might I continue?" said James but continued without waiting for any response "So then Freddie comes up with this condition according to which she also has to invite his guests if she wishes to throw a party in their room and she agreed. That's the reason we all are invited. Or should I say you guys? Cause I was going to be invited anyway" bragged James and Rose rolled her eyes. Typical James thought Alice.

 "Is Ted coming as well?" asked Lily to her brother James   "No. He couldn't convince her about inviting him over" said James and Lily nodded   "Okay so the party starts at 9 pm. I have got to go now since I have to help Freddie with the decorations" winked James

  ******************************************************************************  

"No..no...no! There's no way I'm going out like this" said Lily examining her reflection in the mirror of the restroom. She was wearing a saffron colored spaghetti strap dress which fell upto her mid-thigh. It was a sleeveless dress which looked stunning on her. Her fiery red hair were styled into loose curls by Roxy.  

"Are you kidding Lils? You look RED HOT!" exclaimed Roxanne as soon as she opened the door to the restroom and saw Lily. Roxanne was wearing a black frock that reached upto her mid thigh, sleeveless, and a red belt stick-ed in the middle part of the dress. She looked beautiful as always thought Lily   "The door was unlocked?" asked Lily as she turned in Roxanne's direction to which Roxanne nodded her head.  

"You look stunning Lily! Malfoy will not be able to help but drool" smirked Roxanne   Lily shook her head abruptly "No. I am not wearing this. This is so short" said Lily stretching the hem of her dress.   "Oh please! Your dress is reasonably long Lils. I bet it will be the longest you see there" said Roxanne   "Now come on. It's already 9! I don't wanna miss a thing" said Roxanne as she grabbed her hand and made their way to the head common room.