Chapter 1: The Transfer

Anna grabs her books from her locker, talking with her best friend, Hannah. "I heard there's a new kid coming today." Hannah tells her.

"Really?" Anna rolls her eyes. "Let me guess. He's a big shot soccer player or something and you heard that his abs are godly." 

"Almost. Lacrosse." Hannah laughs. "His name is Liam Dunbar and he transferred from Devenford Prep."

"Interesting." Anna says, closing her locker. "Maybe my brother will actually try this year." 

"Hey, Scott and his friend... Biles, right?"

"Stiles, Han." Anna corrects.

"Whatever, they tried before Scott got insanely good." Hannah defends Anna's brother. Anna only starts to walk in response. "Still not talking to you?"

"We haven't had one real conversation since he started dating Allison." Anna sighs, thinking back to the time when Scott talked to her. "The most he's said to me in the past year is, 'Anna, run! It's too dangerous!' and then ran off with his friends."

"Well, watching new freshman Liam will defiantly change your mood." Hannah throws her arm over Anna's shoulder. "Lets go watch hot guys play with balls." They both laugh as they get to the field and sit on the bleachers. 

They start talking and don't even notice Scott and Stiles get to the field talking about their 117 million problems. 

"Who's that?" Anna asks, looking at the field. Her eyes seem transfixed on the goalie who is catching every ball thrown at him. 

"I don't know..." Hannah responds as he takes his mask off. The boy has blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. 

Garret, another boy in the freshman class and on the lacrosse team, goes up to the mystery boy. "Nice Liam. You just might be our first freshman captain."

"That's Liam?" Anna's eyes are wide, looking at the boy.

"Wow." Hannah sighs. "He's--"

"Very good at lacrosse." Anna says, seeing her brother eyeing her protectively. Though she doesn't actually care, she'd rather not get a lecture from him about boys. 

"And hot." Anna looks at Hannah with a flustered look. "You totally think so. You're just not saying it."

"I don't know why I'm even friends with you." Anna shakes her head.

"You love me." Hannah smirks. 

*****************

"An axe murderer?" Kira asks as Stiles and Scott accompany her to Scott's locker. 

"A family-murdering axe murderer." Stiles clarifies. 

"I already heard about it." Scott confesses, reaching his locker. 

"Wait. What? You did? How?" Stiles asks. 

"My mom called me. She knew we'd see it on the news." Scott tells him.

"Perfect, lets go." Stiles starts to walk backwards.

"Whoa, whoa. We've got Econ in five minutes." Scott points out. 

"Alright. Did you forget the part about the family-murdering axe murderer?"

"Did you forget your dad's the sheriff?" Scott retorts. "They want us to stay out of it."

"Are you guys kidding me? There's a family-murdering axe murderer and we're not gonna do anything about it?"

"Maybe we should just let the adults handle it." Kira suggests.