Chapter 10: Calming the Beta

"Liam. What are you doing here?" Anna asks, seeing Liam in her kitchen. 

"Um, coming with you to get Scott." He says.

"We're going to get Scott and not wait for the Sheriff to figure out what to do?" She blinks.

"They didn't tell you?"

She pauses for a moment before yelling, "STILES!"

"What?" He yells from upstairs.

"Come down, NOW!" She demands. Liam winces slightly at the noise. "Sorry." 

"It's fine." He mumbles. Stiles and Malia barrel down the stairs and he groans seeing the two freshmen.

"You told her, didn't you?" Stiles asks Liam.

"I thought she knew." Liam shrugs.

"You were going to Mexico without me?" She asks.

"God, you look like your mother." Stiles mumbles, hoping to take the attention off the plan. Anna walks over to him and pinches his ear. "Ow, ow, ow, ow." He repeats, being brought to his knees by the girl.

"When we get Scott, you are both dead." She tells him seriously.

"Can you let me up please?" He asks, wincing at the pain in his ear. Anna thinks for a moment before letting go. Stiles stands and the juniors try to get past the freshmen. "You're not coming with us. Both of you."

"Why not?" Anna challenges.

"Because it's a full moon. And I don't feel like driving all the way down to Mexico just to have you rip my throat out." Stiles tells Liam. "And, Scott would kill me!" He looks at Anna, who rolls her eyes.

"You can lock me up, right?" Liam suggests. "Chain me down to the back seat or something?"

"You tore through the last chains, remember?" Malia reminds him. Anna decides to ignore the fact that she didn't know that.

"Yeah, we would have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there." Stiles exclaims.

"Okay, then where do we get the-the... What did you say?" Anna asks, scrunching her eyebrows together in such a way that Liam almost didn't answer because of her cuteness.

"You said carbonite. Where do we get it?" Liam finishes.

"Seriously, you haven't seen it either?" Stiles scoffs at their lack of Star Wars knowledge, walking away with Malia.

"Wait! What if we put me in the trunk?" Liam proposes. 

"You'd get out of that, too." Malia states.

"Liam, you've been a werewolf all of five minutes. You don't have to do this." Stiles presses.

"I know I don't, but I want to. There's gotta be bigger chains, a bigger trunk or something. There has to be." Liam stresses.

"Maybe there is." Stiles realizes. 

"I'm coming too." Anna states.

"No, Anna—"

"If Liam is going, I am too."

"Bu—"

"He's my brother, Stiles." Anna reminds him. "I'm going."

*****************

Liam, Anna, Stiles and Malia get out of Stiles' blue jeep and walk towards the prison transport van. Braeden, Derek and another man walk towards them. Immediately Anna gets a bad feeling from the unknown man.