Prologue

"Anna!" Scott calls, slamming the door shut. Anna jumps off her bed and rushes to meet her older brother. 

"How was school?" She asks, smiling.

"It was the best!" Scott sighs, a giddy smile on his face.

"I know that look! I've seen it on too many TV characters to not know what it is!" Anna gasps, leaning in with an excited expression. "Who is she?"

When Scott doesn't answer, she frowns. "Who is he?" She tries again. That snaps him out of his trance.

He shakes his head and blinks. "N-no, it's a she." He tells her. "Her name is Allison. She just moved here from San Fransisco."

"That's so cool!" Anna exclaims. "When can I meet her?"

"Never." Scott squints at her.

"Scotty!" She whines. "I want to meet this girl."

"You're like two years younger than me. You're going to embarrass me." Scott gets an apple from the fridge and Anna pouts.

"Will not."

"Will too."

"Will not!"

"Will not."

"Will too!"

"See!" Scott exclaims.

"What? No, that's no fair! Cheater!" Anna accuses. Scott laughs at her frustrated expression and soon Anna joins in the laughter. When they finally stop, Anna asks again, "Seriously though, I want to meet this Allison."

"Maybe soon. But not today."

*****************

Anna walks down the hall of the high school with her class. Today is the day that the eighth grade gets to tour the school.

Anna spots her brother and his best friend, Stiles Stilinski, leaning against the lockers. She sneaks away from the group and hurries over to them. "Scott!" She calls with a smile. 

When Scott spots her, he immediately tenses before relaxing and smiling. "Anna. What are you doing here?" He asks.

"The eighth grade is touring the school." She informs him.

"Really?" Stiles frowns. "Watch our for Harris. The man is a jackass. The devil in human form." Scott hits Stiles' arm and Stiles yelps. "Ow!"

"Language." Scott reprimands. 

"Oh come on." Anna rolls her eyes. "I've heard worse."

"Scott!" A feminine voice sounds. Scott looks over to the side and his smile broadens. A brunette jogs over with a grin on her face.

"Hey, Allison." Scott sighs.

"This is Allison?" Anna inquires excitedly.

"Oh crap." Scott curses under his breath.

"I'm Anna." She holds out her hand for the sophomore. Allison hesitantly shakes her hand with a very confused expression. "Oh, sorry." Anna laughs. "I'm Scott's younger sister."

"Scott didn't tell me he had a little sister." Allison glances at an embarrassed Scott. 

"We gotta go to class." Scott says suddenly. "See you later, Anna."

He grabs Allison and hurries away. Anna frowns and looks back at Stiles. "Is he embarrassed by me?" She questions sadly.

"No." Stiles assures. "He's just got a lot going on. Don't worry." Stiles runs off, leaving Anna standing in the hall alone. 

She looks down and shifts her weight between her feet. "Hi." She turns to see a blonde behind her. "I'm Hannah and I got lost in the school. Are you another eighth grader? Because you look younger than the other students and have I mentioned that I'm lost in this gargantuan school?" She laughs.

"Uh, yeah. They went to the office." Anna answers shyly.

"What's your name? We could go together." Hannah suggests.

"I'm Anna. Nice to meet you."

With those words, a beautiful friendship began as another one began to crumble.

*****************

Anna paces in her room, tears streaming down her face. She knows she's on the verge of a panic attack and there is only one person she can think of to call, even though he has been ignoring her for over a month.

She grabs her phone shakily before calling Scott. "This is Scott. Sorry I didn't--" She cuts off the message by calling again.

"This is Scott. Sorry--"

"Damn it." She curses, calling again.

RING, RING, RIN- "Anna, what do you want?" Scott groans from the line.

"Scott?" She asks, surprised by his tone.

"Anna, I'm in the middle of something here. What do you need?"

"I-I..." She can't find the words to say as her breathing picks up and her heart beats faster. 

"If it's nothing, I have to get back to Allison. See you at home." Scott hangs up and Anna just stares at the phone is shock. 

"Scott?" She repeats, more tears making their way down her face. She slides down the wall, staring to hyperventilate. 

She shakily calls another person that she trusts. After a few rings, a female voice answers. "Hello?"

"Hannah?" Anna inquires.

"Anna, hey. You ok? You sound a little upset." The blonde says.

"C-Can you come over?" Anna sniffles.

After a moment, Hannah speaks. "Anna, what's wrong? I'm on my way, but tell me what's happening."

With that, Anna realized two things.

ONE: Hannah will always be there for her and vise versa.

TWO: When she needed him most, Scott ignored her and snapped at her. Anna can't trust him.

Not anymore.

I'm trying something. Comment if it's good. Thought it would be nice to give a little backstory. Enjoy!