Chapter 8: Those We Have Lost and Those We Will Never Lose

"Scott, where are you going?" Anna asks. Both her and Liam stand as Scott hands Liam a helmet. 
"Kira found Brett. They're fine but we've got to go." Scott says.

"More assassins?" Liam inquires.

"Maybe a lot more."

"Different than the ones who just tried to set you on fire?!" Anna exclaims, stopping with Liam.

"I think so, yeah." Scott replies as he gets to the door. She pauses and turns back around. Liam looks down at the helmet and puts it down on the table. Scott walks over and grabs the helmet. "How about I take you home?" He offers.

"I'm not like you." Liam says.

"Not yet." Scott stresses.

"I don't mean I'm not as strong or I'm never gonna learn how to be in control." Liam tells him. "I mean everything else. You and your friends try to protect everyone. Have you been doing this the whole time? I mean, how are you all still alive?" 
Scott's expression drops, remembering those they have lost, Allison in particular. 

"Not all of them are." Anna sighs.

Scott extends the helmet. "Let me at least take you home." Liam sighs and takes the helmet.

"Text me about Kira and Brett?" Anna asks hopefully. Jealousy bubbles up in Liam. Scott nods and the wolves walk out.

"I'm not saying we have to talk now, but at some point, I need to talk to you." Scott tells him.

"About?" Liam asks, his jealousy going away.

"Anna." Scott smirks, seeing his beta blush. "Oh, yeah. That'll be a fun talk."

*****************

Hannah sits in Anna's room, looking at her friend. "What happened?" Hannah asks. "First, you hate Scott and I then see you with him more and more. Then you disappear multiple times. I just want to help." 

Anna sighs. "I just..."

"If it's Liam, I will wring his neck out." Hannah threatens.

"It's not. It's everything else." Anna admits. "School, Scott and everyone. I just need something normal in my life. That's been you, Han. I'm so sorry that I haven't been there or talking to you, but I'm just trying to figure everything out. I need you to be my normal life, ok? I can't lose you too." 

"You'll never lose me." Hannah tells her.

"Then, you aren't mad that I can't tell you anything yet?" Anna asks hopefully.

"Oh, I'm pissed." Hannah glares. "But it's your business. As long as we keep hanging out, I'm fine."

Sorry, this is really freaking short, but Liam isn't really in this episode, so I had nothing to write about... Hope you liked this short-ass chapter!