27

(This chapter is dedicated to exocoffeelover  and Violet_Sayomi  for suggesting a Xiuchen angst chapter. (: Their comments are always making me smile and I appreciate how they vote on almost all of my chapters. Thank you for liking my story, girls. ☺️❤️ Saranghae to both of you, and thanks for suggesting this, quite sad chapter. 😭 no spoilers. 🙂)

Song -
I Remember - Keyshia Cole

1:45 pm.

Chen and I really haven't been on good terms lately, if you're wondering. We've been bickering back and forth at each other more often than we usually do. It used to be once or twice a week about irrelevant topics. But now, it's like, 3 times a day over petty subjects. He blames me for every pencil or pen he loses because I had used it last, he argues with me about who's shoes or style is better, and he just, bickers and squeaks and rambles on about unnecessary things. But, usually a few hours after we argue, he automatically apologizes and agrees with himself that what he did was really petty and irrelevant. But, I just can't get enough of him, and that's what annoys me.

I keep running back to the problem.

Kyungsoo and Luhan have talked to me about leaving him for a bit to cool off and get away from all of the fighting. They said it wasn't good for me. Fighting and arguing leads to stress, stress leads to gray hair, gray hair leads to aging, aging leads to wrinkles, etc. Arguing isn't good for Chen and I's relationship. We already argue enough, I don't understand why he decided to start arguing more. Is he, is he getting bored of me.? Has he officially stopped loving me..?

This question flooded my mind for about an hour. I literally tried to connect every single piece of evidence together to see if I could be right in any possible way. Let's see, he argues with me almost everyday like almost every troubled couple does. He wants to lead me to the point to where I just explode with frustration and break up with him because I can't stand his bickering and constant arguing. So when that happens, he can finally forget about me and move on to other people that he'll actually love and care about. Now it all made sense. I had to ask him that question. I can't stand this anymore. I gotta know the truth.

As I walked down the hallway to Jongdae's bedroom, butterflies started to flutter in my stomach. Of course I was nervous about asking that question to him, I mean who wouldn't be.? Asking your boyfriend if he still loves you isn't the best thing to ask. He might lie to you so you won't feel hurt if he said no, or he might still love you and not give up on you. But at this point, I think Chen has officially given up on poor little baozi.

I knocked on the door softly, just in case he was sleeping or anything. I heard a muffled 'come in', and the butterflies started to flutter crazier than they did before. Here goes nothing. I opened the door slowly and it revealed Chen laying on his bed, taking selcas. Why is he such a cutie.?

"H-hey. I need to talk to you." I smiled nervously as I shut the door behind me and stood with my back facing on the door. Just in case I needed to blast out of there.

"Okay. Is it bad.?" He asked, setting his phone down on his bedside table and patting a spot on
his bed for me to sit. I walked over slowly and stood in front of him. I looked down to the floor because I was too embarassed in any way to look at him. I don't wanna see the anger in his eyes.

"W-well, you could say that," I stuttered, getting more and more nervous to the core, "b-but don't think of it as an insult or anything. It has nothing against you. I'm just... curious." I scratched the back of my neck, keeping my extremely red cheeks to myself.