Track Six - Long Way Home

Thanks so much to @scaryissa for the awesome cover! If you want to send me a cover, suggestions or just want to chat, my Kik is RainInSpace.

Michael chapter ;) enjoy!

-----

"Bry?"

That was it. The voice I had been dreading, yet longing, to hear for so many days. The guilt had already begun to weigh up in the pit of my stomach. Nevertheless, I turned and faced him anyway.

"Michael?" I pulled my headphones out of my ears and stuffed them into my pocket. "H-how are you?"

"Yeah, I'm-" he ran a hand through his scruffy hair. "I'm fine. I was just heading back to the studio with some supplies." He showed me the plastic bag in his hand. "Nutella, Colin the Caterpillar birthday cake, more Crunchy Nut cereal... Ashton is secretly a food hoover," he laughed nervously. I smiled awkwardly at the ground.

Michael coughed unsurely. I stuck my hands in my jean pockets. He began kicking at stones on the pavement. One skidded across the tarmac and bounced halfway across the road.

I chewed my lip. "Hm... seven."

He looked up at me and smiled. "What?"

"Seven out-of ten. Your score."

He grinned and rolled his eyes at me. "You come up with the most random ideas at the worst times. That's probably why I like you so much."

The blood rushed to my cheeks, and my heart tripped over itself. That was unexpected. I coughed, and began running my fingers absentmindedly through my hair.

However, Michael was quick to cover for his slip. "I-I mean, you're a great friend, and I love... hanging out with you. I mean we haven't really but I just - can I walk you home?"

I shook my head, laughing at his jumbled words. "What?"

He dug his hands deep into his jacket pockets. "Can I walk you home?"

I chuckled and shrugged. "Sure."

His eyes brightened as he smiled. He had very pretty eyes. They were almost as vivid as his hair. "Great! I mean - er, sure, whatever. Let me take these to Ash, and I'll be right back."

I nodded, but before I had the chance to say anything, Michael and his Colin the Caterpillar cake had gone.

Three songs later, he was back. I was tapping my foot to Dear Maria, Count Me In, when my earbud was pulled from my ear. Michael placed it in his ear, and after a few seconds, he smiled at the song. "Ugh, this is such a tune," he muttered, "I wish I could meet All Time Low..."

I turned to him, slipping my hand into his. "I bet you that in 3 years you will have met them, and you guys will be BFFs and share each other's clothes."

I smiled sweetly, and he rolled his eyes at me. "Ugh, that's gross! Even I wouldn't do that!"

I raised my eyebrows and shook my head. "Don't lie to me, Michael Clifford. My sources tell me otherwise."

His cheeks hinted pink, which he covered with a mock gasp. "What? Who told you?"

I looked up at him smugly. "That's for me to know, and you to find out."

"Ashton?"

"... Yes."

We wandered down the pavement, swinging our intertwined hands, and singing parts of ATL songs at each other, then guessing which song it was.