Track Seven - Good Girls

I buried my face in my hands, searching for the energy to continue with tedious photoshopping. Finals were approaching, and the stress was getting to me, like it always did. I breathed a long sigh, and my fingers began to work the mouse once more.

I had almost finished when my phone vibrated intrusively from the table next to me.

Mike-rowave: can I come over? I want to go on an adventure ;)

Kitten: I'm not liking that winky face. What were you thinking...

Mike-rowave: it's a surprise ;)

Mike-rowave: I promise it's nothing sexual. Unless you want it to be ;)

Kitten: what is it that you want to do, anyway?

Mike-rowave: are you at home?

Kitten: yes......

Mike-rowave: good, because I'm outside your door.

Mike-rowave: please let me in...

Kitten: sure. In a minute, I'm just in the middle of something......

I turned back to the computer, and finished enhancing the photo. That was until my phone started blowing up with texts from Mikey. I left my undisturbed work corner, and jumped onto the bed.

Mike-rowave: Bry

Mike-rowave: Bry

Mike-rowave: Bry

Mike-rowave: Bry

Mike-rowave: Bry

Mike-rowave: Bry

There were at least 20 messages from my loser of a boyfriend. I laughed to myself, and wandered through to the kitchen, where the door to my apartment was. I swung it open, and sure enough, Michael was leaning on the door frame in jet black skinny jeans and a band shirt. A plain plastic bag swung from one hand, and he held his phone in the other. He tucked it into his pocket as the door opened.

"Hey kitten." He greeted me with a warm smile, placing a hand on my cheek, and a kiss on my lips. I closed the door behind him, and traced patterns on his fingers.

"Give me a minute..." I raced back to my computer, saving the image and logging off.

As I was grabbing a hoodie from my cupboard, the door opened, and Mikey sauntered in. "Whatcha doin'?"

I pulled the hoodie over my head. "Getting ready to go out. We are going out, right?"

He smirked. "Yeah."

I collapsed onto the bed next to him, as he seemed to have no intention of moving. "So... What are we doing?"

Michael began playing with my hair. "You know how our band's punk rock?"

"Well... No," I replied in a duh tone.

For a moment, he stopped fiddling with my hair, before he chuckled. "Shut up. Anyway, I want to get a tattoo. Would you come with me?"

I thought for a moment, chewing my lip, before grinning. "Sure."

Michael grabbed my hand, and dragged me out of the door. "I feel like such a rebel. I mean, this is my second tattoo! And without telling my parents!" I grinned at Mikey and he squeezed my hand. "I feel like we should sneak out the window, or something."