It's Not Playing, It's Gaming

I took off the Elgen uniform. It was hot anyways so I'm glad I got out of it. I then teleport to Tara's room.

"Hey." I said. Tara jumped. "Wha!? Oh, hey Lynn." I laughed. "What's up?" Tara asked. "I'm good, I heard that the Electrodorks were here to steal some of our stuff." Tara said. I bit my lip, trying to not say anything stupid. "Yeah, I can't believe the guards didn't find them. I think we need to upgrade the gadgets or fire them." I said. "Yeah, you're probably right." Tara said. "Wanna play a game of chess?" I asked. "Sure. Hopefully you won't beat me after 5 minutest into the game like Quentin." Tara joked. "I'll try my best to not." I laughed. I beat her after 3 minutes. Tara gave me an annoyed-funny look. "Hey, you said don't beat you after 5 minutes into the game. I beat you 3 minutes into the game." I laughed. She rolled her eyes. I bet you're thinking I used Taylor's powers to figure out what she was thinking. Honestly, I didn't need to use powers.

I went to my room. I put a camera and tracking device on all of the members of the Electroclan when they caught me. Don't get me wrong, I speak the truth when I say that I want to be on their side, but I can be on their side another way. I'll just pretend it's a video game with a human and I'm talking to him on where to go. I put on my headset and microphone. I turned on the cameras. I sometimes make my own games in my spare time to make money. I used my game making skills to make a title on the camera to look like a real game. I can make water anywhere in the world which means I can create anything with a snap of a finger to send to Michael and his friends, I just can't be suspicious. I turned on Michael's camera. "Testing, 1...2...3..." I said. "Hey Michael, did you hear something?" Ostin said. They looked like they were in the forest with another person. He wasn't part of the Electroclan. He was a lot older than all of them. "Jaime wait." Michael said. I guess his name was Jaime. Michael found the camera. "It's a weird microscopic camera." Ostin said. "We need to crush it." Jaime said. "NO!" I shouted through the speaker. "Who is this?" Michael asked, looking through the black lens of the camera. "It's me, Lynn." I said through the mic. "Lynn? You're not spying on us are you?..." "No, I'm just trying to help you through 'video gaming'." I said. "Video gaming?" Michael repeated. "Yeah, I'm using this to chat with you." I said. "Aren't there cameras listening to you?" Michael asked. "Yeah, but I turned them off temporarily and I did this during the guards' station swap so I could tell you." I said. "Okay, few. So, can you get us into the building?" He asked. I rolled my eyes but they couldn't see. "No, but I can talk to you for a while. I could be your 'behind the scenes' spy." I said cheerfully. "Like the informer?" Michael asked. "Exactly." I replied.

The Electroclan was yammering about things. They passed a lake that could kill everyone, then they went to the forest. I don't know, just a bunch of boring stuff. We had nice conversations on their way down to the Elgen base where I'm at. Then someone walked into my room. "Dad?" I said shocked. "What're you doing here? I mean, what're you doing in my room?" I asked. "Making sure these guards are in their positions." Dad said. "You normally don't do that though." I said. Dad smiled. "You got me. I heard you talking to someone named 'Michael'. It isn't the Vey boy, right?" Dad asked suspiciously. "No, I'm just online gaming." I said. I say that all the time, so, hopefully he'll buy it. Dad looked over at the screen. "So, this is your online game?" Dad asked. Dad looked even more suspicious. "Lynn, Lynn? Are you there?" Michael asked. "Yeah I'm here." I answered, hoping to not make it any more suspicious. "Alright, I'll leave you to play." Dad said. "It's not playing." I said annoyed. "It's gaming." I corrected. "Okay." Dad said in a disbelief tone. I rolled my eyes, then he left the room. "It's not playing." I whisper-growled. I was about to sit back at my desk but then Quentin came into my room. "Don't you ever knock?" I said angrily. "Woah, sorry." He said, knocking on the wall. I sighed. "Never mind." I said, shaking my head. "So what're you doing?" Quentin asked. "Gaming, why?" He shrugged. "Just wondering if you were free." He said. "Free for what?" I asked. Quentin's hands started sweating.

Sorry it's not more than my usual amount of words, 1k words, but the next chapter will be long and fun.