One Step Closer

I was done with him. It was near the time my dad was going to the meeting. Quentin and the others were in their positions. Before I could go, I freshened myself up (with powers) and teleported.
"Lynn, there you are. How was Vey?" Torstyn laughed.
"Worst mission of my life," I said annoyed.
"I bet." He laughed.
"Hatch should be in the jail by now. We should go." Quentin said.
We started going down to the cells. Quentin told dad that we were here by flickering the lights.
"Gentlemen, I believe there's an electrical storm coming," Dad said to the guards. That was our cue. The guards drew their weapons.
One of the guards dropped their weapon and yelled, "My Hands! They're Burning!"
The other pulled off his boots and yelled, "My feet!" Kylee, Quentin, Torstyn, and I emerged from the darkness. We walked past the screaming imbeciles.
"What took you so long?" Dad asked.

"Get up!" Quentin yelled to the fallen guards.
"Before Torstyn explodes your brains! Then strip to your underwear and get in the cell." He continued. The guard with the burning hands quickly stood and quickly tore off his clothes.
"Whatever you say, sir." The guard said nervously. Quentin looked down at the other guard who was on the floor.
"Do you have a problem with my order?" He asked.
"No, sir. I can't... My feet..." The guard said in pain. We looked down at the guards feet. They were blistering red.
"Then crawl in," Torstyn said.
"Or should I just melt you?" Torstyn warned.
"No, sir," The guard said. He pulled off his pants and yelled as they brushed against his feet. He then crawled into the cell whimpering.
"Both of you on your knees with your hands on the back of the wall. And don't waste my time." Dad ordered. They did as he said and my dad shut the door.
"Just a few minutes ago, you two were laughing. What happened? Did you loose your sense of humor?" Dad taunted. The guards didn't say a word.
"I asked you a question."
"No, sir!"
"What did you call me? A nutjob?"
"I'm sorry, sir," The guard that called dad a nutjob said.
"Not as sorry as you will be. Come on," He said to us.
"Let's go pay a visit to the board." We walked down the hallway towards an elevator but didn't get in it.
"Where are Bryan and Tara?" He asked us.
"They're covering the main floor. I'll let them know we're on our way." Quentin said.
"No, tell them to meet us here," Dad said.
"Yes, sir," Quentin said. He pulled out his phone, dialled Tara and Bryan, and started talking. Quentin hung up.
"They'll be right here." He said. The elevator door opened and Tara and Bryan came out. Dad started making sure that they weren't spotted. They were spotted by two window washers but they jumped overboard because Tara made them think the boat was filled with cobras. I laughed but dad didn't find it too amusing. Then dad told us to get three board members that were loyal to him but I needed to be with him but invisible.

Long story short, we successfully took over dad's job and now he owns the business. He also goes by "Admiral General Hatch" now which I think is AWESOME! As we were settling down in Schema's private quarters and Dad was drinking some wine and celebrating, I asked him something.
"Hey dad,"
"Yes, Lynn?"
"Can I be called something awesome cool too?" I asked.
"What do you mean by that?"
"You have, 'Admiral General Hatch', I thought I want to be called something high up too!" I said excitedly. Dad gave me a warm smile.
"Sure, like what?" He asked me.
"I was thinking, Commodore Marshal Lynn, but higher ranks could call me Commodore Lynn," I said.
"Commodore Marshal Lynn," Dad repeated.
"I like it," He said.
"For now on, the guards will call you Commodore, Marshal, Commodore Marshal, or the same things that I said but with your name added." Dad laughed. I laughed too.
"What kind of wine is that?" I asked.
"See for yourself," He said, pouring me my own glass. It was the best wine I've ever tasted.
"Balvenie Fifty," I said.
"Very good. Extr-"
"Yeah, yeah, extremely rare and costs more than thirty-thousand dollars, I get it." I said annoyed.
"Well, someone knows their wine." Dad laughed.
"When we went to all those different places in trips, I went into the library and gathered all of their information (like what she does with powers and skills) and I know a LOT now." Then I whispered into my dad's ear.
"I think I'm close to finding out how the machine works." I whispered. He smiled.
"Very good, Lynn. I'm proud of you."