One Less Enemy to Deal With

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER TO THOSE WHO HAVEN'T READ Michael Vey; Battle Of The Ampere OR FALL OF HADES!!!!

I felt like someone was missing, then someone hopped on top of my back.
"Get off me, you cretin!" I shouted. I pulsed but it made them stronger. That's who was missing. Then he stopped and got off my back.
"Lynn?" He asked.
"Yeah, it's me. Thanks for that sneak attack," I sardonically stated.
"Oh, right. We thought you were another glow or a guard." He apologized. I just stared at him with disbelief.
"Whatever, so what are you doing here?"
"I was just going to ask you the same thing," I said.
"You first," He said. I sighed.
"Okay, then. Well, since you guys left me behind again, I decided to try and find you near the Elgen because I remembered you saying something about going there," I explained. Okay, I admit. That was a half lie. I went here because he did say something about being here, but it wasn't because they left me behind.
"So, what are you doing here?" I asked.
"We're here to save my friends. We could use your help, Lynn," Michael said. I sighed.
"Alright, fine. But if you ditch me again, you're on your own," I warned. I still don't know why I'm helping them.
"I think Wade's untying Jack right now," Michael said. Okay, so not Jat, it's Jack. I feel like this has already happened before. Then there was a shout, followed by a gunshot. We ran over towards the sound. Jack was kneeling on the ground holding Wade in his arms. All I saw was blood. A lot of it to be exact. This was sad. Wait, what did I just think? Did I just say it was sad !? Why am I not laughing?