12

-Come with me. I'll take you there.

-But We'll miss a P.E class! -I argued.

-Do You even like P.E?

-no - I confessed*-but skipping classes is still wrong.

He sighed and looked down at the floor.

-Suit yourself than- He said as Her got up to leave.

-Wait!- I called back

-Yes?-He asked smiling

-Let's go before I change my mind.

-Follow me- He said walking out of the cafeteria.

The bell rang and all the students were rushing out the school, to get to there classes on time.

-So-I asked-have You ever done this before?

-Like hundreds of times! dãããã-He replied as if the answer was completely obvious.

He took a little key out of His back pocket and used it to open a gate at the back of the school

-I convinced a cleaning lady to give this to me some time ago- He explained after seeing my confused look

***

After walking for what seemed to be about twenty minutes we arrived at the place.

-here  we are! He exclaimed excitedly

-This? it's an abandoned wood house falling to bits!

-Not in the inside- He replied inviting me in

I have to admit i was wrong about the house. On the out side it was just a slum but the inside was quite incredible and rather curious because it didn't quite seem to be a house.

The walls were covered in symbols that i could not recognize and there were many shelves covered in strange artifacts and really thick old books. And at the back there was a tall thin man.

-So jake- He said walking towards us- Is this your girlfriend?

-Friend-He corrected -Her name's marjorie.

such an awkward moment that was.

-So Marjorie, what brings You here? -He calmly asked.

the question got me by surprise and i didn't quite know how to answer it. Noticing my discomfort Jake decided to answer for me:

-She's here because I think she might be... One of us. You know.

-Ah yes! come over here.

I hesitantly walked in his direction

-okay. This is what I want You to do: walk over to that corner over there, You'll see two bird cages. One has a white bird, the other one has a black crow. You are going to try to make them sing.

-WHAT?- I said completely confused.

-You'll see- he replied with a smile.

''this must be some kind of joke'' I thought to myself.

First I saw the cage with the white bird, but it wasn't an ordinary animal. It was like if it had deep feelings, a different expression on its face. It looked right at me, and I noticed He was waiting for my reaction. But I didn't feel anything at all.

Than I walked over to the crow. Once again I had absolutely no reaction

So I turned around to go back to Jake when I felt something.